March 29, 2024, 09:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI Normal Maps  (Read 870 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 15:09 »

First image:

Second image is not openable.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 15:46 »

I've checked the second file. It has trivial (I think) encryption, all bytes in .uexp use "xor 255", compared to the first file. I don't see any flag in .uasset saying if uexp should be encrypted or not, so I can't resolve it even in theory. I think there could be external program which will work with extracted uasset files (i.e. extract pak files, save uasset/ubulk/uexp), it will walk over all uexp files and verify: if the first byte is 0xFF, then use XOR for the whole file.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 17:10 »

I see, thats interesting
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 02:19 »

Most of this is now depricated. See latest proper solutions in this post.

Unfortunately, this additional xor doesn't affect all normals, just some of them, so base quickbms script can't be fixed without significant drop of extracting speed.
Instead, here is a small fix, which is fixing xored files according to included list (~2200 files). It works around 3 minutes, tested on presumably latest game version. The fix is safe - while you can add anything to the list and run it multiple times, it only affects xored files and it will skip already fixed or missing ones.

Updated on 23.07.2020:
Fix is replaced with v2, which also supports unxoring affected ubulk files.

Updated on 02.09.2020:
Just noticed that infogram actually updated his script to v3 back then (but the fix is still required). Updated the script in specific scripts bundle to the latest version.

Updated on 05.11.2020:
Fix is replaced with v3, which now supports all possible uexp files in xored_files_list in case if you'll edit it manually (for DQ XI S). It seems in the S edition not only normals are affected, so the list will be updated after full PC version will be released.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 19:05 by spiritovod » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 02:38 »

I see! i'll definitely will try this out.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 03:13 »

It works! thats good news, all normals that crashed the program have been fixed, the only issue is still those normals that don't batch correctly.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 09:39 »

Does the normal which you sent to me earlier has bugs on your side? If yes - I'd suggest exporting it to png or tga and checking exported image. I have opinion that probably these normals appears bad because of bad GPU drivers (e.g. for Intel videocard). However "export" is not using GPU for unpacking, so you'll see a different texture.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 12:00 »

@Gildor: It's actually the same problem, but this time ubulk file is xored for random normals (not the same as with xored uexp files). I'll probably release combined fix for this stuff as well.
P.S. Global check is hardly possible, since checking possible xoring patterns for 330k files within ~45GB is... slow.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:37 by spiritovod » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2020, 12:56 »

i see. i'm glad i chose to seek a answer to this issue, help others having this issue. so if it uses the same Xor in theory i would just need to put the path to the of the ubulk, or would that work?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 18:27 »

so if it uses the same Xor in theory i would just need to put the path to the of the ubulk, or would that work?
Theoretically yes, practically no, because there are certain checks in the fix, so you couldn't mess with probably unaffected files or accidentally break things. It's quite dangerous to fix stuff like that, especially ubulk (raw data), due to false positive results. That's why I've limited it to the list. So if you'll find a couple affected assets, which can't be fixed automatically, you should unxor them manually.   

Anyway, I've updated the fix above, it now supports affected ubulk files as well. Though it works a bit longer now.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 05:32 »

Thanks i'll try it right now.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16 »

you have saved my sanity lol as it stands right now, for the exception of having to use tekken or friday the 13th options to open the characters and weapons, this game works 100% with ueviewer
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: