April 19, 2024, 05:43
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Porting Bioshock maps to Source 2  (Read 859 times)
MarkMeltzer

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2020, 17:44 »

So as a hobby project I've been porting (parts of) Bioshock maps to Half Life: Alyx. Using umodel (thanks Gildor) and a little python script basic porting of all the models is no problem. However I've still been manually rebuilding all the geometry and placing all the models which is a slow process.

Now I was wondering whether is was possible to port parts of the maps to make this process easier. Using the Unreal Package Extractor, I can get at some staticmeshactor and staticmeshinstance files which I would imagine contain some information about which model is used as well as its position/rotation/scale in the map. Only problem is that it seems to be encrypted. Doe anyone know of any progress that has been made in reading these files or have any tips that could help me out in doing so?
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 22:06 »

Hey, it's same process i've had to do for recreating Star Wars: Republic Commando levels in Source 1.

Your best option for UE2-3 games is to use it's Editor and just flip back and forth. Currently it's not possible to extract the BSP brushes as models with Umodel or any model pos/rot/sca data as far as I know.

If you have the editor you can also export the maps if they are available. (Atleast for Splinter-Cell: Chaos Theory.)
MarkMeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 14:25 »

Sadly, as far as I'm aware, there is no publicly available editor for Bioshock.

I've tried the same method for getting to the Mirror's Edge editor with editor files from a bunch of different UE games but to no avail.
johncosfm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 23:16 »

Using umodel (thanks Gildor) and a little python script basic porting of all the models is no problem.
ive been trying to find a way to do just that, mind sharing that script?
MarkMeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 15:58 »

Using umodel (thanks Gildor) and a little python script basic porting of all the models is no problem.
ive been trying to find a way to do just that, mind sharing that script?

Yeah. Sorry for the late response. You can find the script with instructions on my github: https://github.com/MarkMeltzer/bs2source2
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: