March 29, 2024, 00:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Deep Rock Galactic  (Read 2524 times)
HumpingKoala

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:36 »

Deep Rock Galactic

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/548430/Deep_Rock_Galactic/
SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/548430/

Unreal Engine version: 4.22.3

I've been having issues exporting textures from the assets of this game. Models and materials appear to be correctly linked, but the textures are not. They are either fully or partially missing.

Example of a model with partially missing textures:

The log shows following warnings:
WARNING: ArrayProperty "UMaterial3::MaterialFunctionInfos" was not found
Loading Material3 MB_DropPod from package /FSD/Content/Art/DropPod/Assets/_Materials/MB_DropPod.uasset
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::Metallic" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::Specular" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "UMaterial3::bTangentSpaceNormal" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "UMaterial3::MaterialFunctionInfos" was not found

Interestingly enough, the textures are properly resolved in another game, Satisfactory, that uses same UE4 version.
Any idea what can be done in the case of this game?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 16:57 »

The game is using custom materials and besides, there aren't many common textures in it - the game is rather using shaders approach to textures. Open a mesh, press M, click on a material, press M again and you'll see it by yourself (thanks to Gildor for that new feature). The only thing you can do with that is recreating those materials in a third-party program with provided specs. You can get them in *props.txt by exporting the mesh as well.
HumpingKoala

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 17:13 »

The game is using custom materials and besides, there aren't many common textures in it - the game is rather using shaders approach to textures. Open a mesh, press M, click on a material, press M again and you'll see it by yourself (thanks to Gildor for that new feature). The only thing you can do with that is recreating those materials in a third-party program with provided specs. You can get them in *props.txt by exporting the mesh as well.
Yeah, that makes sense. Perhaps I could write a blender plugin for automatically generating the materials from the *.props.txt & *.mat. Luckily, the materials slots and the linked material names are exported very well.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 03:22 »

Sorry for replying this old topic, if you are watching this the current version is: UE 4.25!
GonzoGamesAU

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 12:06 »

Yeah, that makes sense. Perhaps I could write a blender plugin for automatically generating the materials from the *.props.txt & *.mat. Luckily, the materials slots and the linked material names are exported very well.

I know this thread is old AF and probably dead, but how did you go with this?

I've been trying to export a couple of models from this game to use in a Blender project of mine.  And when I try to export it (or even view it with UE Viewer), the armor only has 1 Material Slot present.  There is heaps of information in the .props.txt file, but I don't know how to manually get that to Blender, especially when there is only the 1 material slot.

The information in the props files talk about VectorParameterValues
  • with the different RGB Colour codes, I've just go no idea on how to apply these to the "sections" of the actual armour.

Thanks in advance
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: