March 29, 2024, 00:13
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: How to find Fortnite AES encryption key  (Read 23327 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 10:08 »

If you have enough reverse engineering, debugging and programming experience, my post somewhere at the beginning of the thread will be enough. If not - then forget about that, you won't find a key even with detailed tutorial.
luke11685

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2018, 00:03 »

As for now I'm using IDA.exe should open these .pak files as .bin convertion?Sorry I wrong it seems now you were and you are still using application named Far 2.1.Is it like command line cmd.exe?It's software for disassembling encrypted files,rights?Anyway Gildor did you try in past using Interactive disassembler 7.0.180201 or only Far 2.1?For this time I'll downscale screenshot if I will have some problems with AES key decryption.What should I do next?Anyway Gildor any plans for discord server version of this forum in the future?I hope it's not too large image I'll try to crop screenshots next time just like you asked me to do it.Which mode should I choose?And what should I do now?So these bites means in another words 27 line of hexademical code?I opened it up so what's next?Anyway I have EasyAntiCheat and BattlEye should I delete it?I'm afraid this will cause more serious troubles.I know what EasyAntiCheat,but what is BattlEye?By the way I was trying to find this hexadecimal code address 12 6F 5A 06,but it wasn't found.Does each PC got different hexadecimal address code numbers like one of these here?I found something like this 12 6F 5A 04 instead of 06.So I renamed 04 to 03 and I saved it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:54 by luke11685 » Logged
FabianFG

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2018, 09:28 »

Ida will have no use for Pak files. You can't decrypt the index without a key and the real files in it are not compressed or encrypted
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 10:44 »

As for now I'm using IDA.exe should open these .pak files as .bin convertion?
Forget it. It seems you have no chance to find a key by yourself: looking at your messages, I see you don't have zero skills for that.
Sorry I wrong it seems now you were and you are still using application named Far 2.1.Is it like command line cmd.exe?It's software for disassembling encrypted files,rights?
This is file manager.
Anyway Gildor any plans for discord server version of this forum in the future?
No. I see no point doing that. Anyway, as far as I know, there's already someone's discord running conversation about Fortnite - why don't join them?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 21:58 »

A link which might be useful for those who wants to find a key by themselves.
https://blog.jamie.holdings/2019/03/23/reverse-engineering-aes-keys-from-unreal-engine-4-projects/

This is a different approach from what has been described by me at the beginning of this thread because it uses debugger.
YS

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2021, 06:50 »

how to get the "main" aes key for any UE4 game including fortnite
 https://youtu.be/k3tQH_roeBA
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 19:26 by YS » Logged
fdlcds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2021, 10:48 »

As far as I know, only index are encrypted to save ressources and avoid perf issue. So if you need the index, unpacking without the key might not be suitable

Also I followed this well documented guideline to extract keys:
https://blog.jamie.holdings/2019/03/23/reverse-engineering-aes-keys-from-unreal-engine-4-projects/

(hope it is allowed to share external links in this forum)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: