March 29, 2024, 03:44
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unable to export assets for Fortnite Season 1  (Read 2334 times)
yuuh

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2020, 20:12 »

I managed to get my hands on the game files for Fortnite Season 1 and I keep getting error messages when trying to export assets. I have tried several different versions of UE Viewer with no success. This is  the error I get for one of the assets:

******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'Female_Commando_04.Female_Commando_04' ********

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (4F3+180014 > F379)
FFileReader::Serialize: File=Female_Commando_04.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FMultisizeIndexContainer<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize: 0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'Female_Commando_04.Female_Commando_04', pos=D1E, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: Accessories/FORT_Backpacks/Mesh/Female_Commando_04.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1385

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (4F3+180014 > F379)
FFileReader::Serialize: File=Female_Commando_04.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FMultisizeIndexContainer<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize: 0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'Female_Commando_04.Female_Commando_04', pos=D1E, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: Accessories/FORT_Backpacks/Mesh/Female_Commando_04.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1385 <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 20:45 »

Fortnite NEVER use "clean" Unreal engine 4 version. It's always "on the edge" and using some intermediate version. So you can't just set "UE4.16" and open - you should find UModel which DID work with this version of the game and use it. But I'm unsure that this game was supported right from the beginning.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 21:57 »

Fortnite NEVER use "clean" Unreal engine 4 version. It's always "on the edge" and using some intermediate version. So you can't just set "UE4.16" and open - you should find UModel which DID work with this version of the game and use it. But I'm unsure that this game was supported right from the beginning.

I used a version of umodel from 2018 which supports fortnite and it seems to be working, however, it will take forever to export the assets one by one. Is there any way to export all of the assets at one which was supported in early 2018?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 21:59 by yuuh » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 21:59 »

Nice question Smiley I don't have a time machine, so I can't say. I think you were able to export everything with UI, perhaps "flat mode" + "ctrl + a".
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 22:31 »

I was able to select all of the assets, but, I keep getting "Serializing Behind Stopper" error codes. This is one of the error codes:

Serializing behind stopper (11154+2 > 11154)
FMemReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- TransKeys <- PerTrackCompression <- USkeleton::ConvertAnims:Skel=Flinger_Skeleton Anim=Death <- UAnimSequence4::PostLoad <- PostLoad:Death <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Death <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=658
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 22:39 »

This has been fixed in 2019
Code:
- fixed crash with some pre-UE4.13 animation tracks
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 22:54 »

This has been fixed in 2019
Code:
- fixed crash with some pre-UE4.13 animation tracks

Yes, however, fortnite is not supported in this version
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 11:41 »

Has this mesh change over the seasons? why cant just export from current season if it's still in the files?

Blender + Linux User Here.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 21:55 »

I am not sure if old game files are still stored in pak files of current seasons but I will try to see if older assets are contained in later seasons.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 05:36 »

Has this mesh change over the seasons? why cant just export from current season if it's still in the files?
I no longer get the serializing behind stopper error, but now I get an error saying "VirtualTextures are not supported." Is there any fix for this? Yes, I have tried several versions in umodel
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 08:18 »

To fix that - use recent Fortnite and recent UModel. Or someone should adapt current UModel code to open your old Fortnite version.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 11:19 »

Here is a uModel build from 2017 that works with it, just set the engine version to Fortnite, but you will find the mesh is the same just the skeleton in the current season (v14.10) has more bones for moving parts of the mesh (parts the jiggle when moving)

https://i.imgur.com/72cjIQt.png

uModel Git 622

Blender + Linux User Here.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 22:59 »

Here is a uModel build from 2017 that works with it, just set the engine version to Fortnite, but you will find the mesh is the same just the skeleton in the current season (v14.10) has more bones for moving parts of the mesh (parts the jiggle when moving)

https://i.imgur.com/72cjIQt.png

uModel Git 622

I tried this version of Umodel already but unfortunately it wouldn't let me export animations correctly, but a fix was added in a later update but by that time support for fortnite was removed. I was able to export most of the assets but some I wasn't able to export due to the animation issue. I will try the newest umodel with the latest season and see if that works.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 23:04 »

You can always disable animation loading if it is not important for you.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 04:11 »

I was able to export animations from latest season files and I have all of the assets I need. However, I was wondering if there was any program which could extract/export landscapes. I have tried blender umap but I was not able to export landscapes. Is there any way to do this?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: