March 29, 2024, 05:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unable to export assets for Fortnite Season 1  (Read 2334 times)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 10:46 »

You can only can get the landscape heightmap from the guys over at CGCostume Github (originally for PUBG Maps, not regularly updated until on request with provided files), nothing else besides textures, then you have to manually recreate the landscape material in your desired game engine or dcc program.

if uModel ever gets Runtime Virtual Textures support in the future that be cool though, should be a simple export then.

Blender + Linux User Here.
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 22:12 »

All I need is the season 1 height map now, since I found a texture mask in the game files. Anything that isn't textured I can texture manually. Thanks for the help!
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 01:50 »

Quick question. Does anyone know what this error means? Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to export the umap files from Umodel in order to turn them into heightmaps by using the pubg/fortnite terrain maps python scripts.

******** /FortniteGame/Content/Athena/Maps/Landscape/Athena_Terrain_LS_05.umap ********
*** ERROR: assertion failed: Pos >= 0 && Pos < Info->UncompressedSize

FPakFile::Seek <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=/FortniteGame/Content/Athena/Maps/Landscape/Athena_Terrain_LS_05.umap <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData:Texture2D_18 <- ExportTexture <- ExportObject:Texture2D'Texture2D_18' <- ExportObjects <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_version=658

Is there any fix for this?
yuuh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 06:37 »

Nevermind, I used the latest version of umodel and was able to export the umap files. I also took a look at the source code for the cgcostume height map program and discovered that the script works by stitching all of the exported terrain textures together and somehow converting them to a heightmap. All I have to do is arrange all of the textures like a puzzle then somehow convert them to a heightmap.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: