Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Together VR  (Read 726 times)
UNASDFWE

View Profile
Together VR
« on: September 15, 2020, 12:14 »

Together VR is on SteamVR, PSVR and the Oculus Quest.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/771920/TOGETHER_VR/
It's kind of a VERY light dating sim. It's really just 4 minigames: darts, a first person shooter game, rock paper scissors and help find a lost letter. All minigames feature your "friend" Mei.

I'm trying to build a patch for it, to alter Mei's looks. I've successfully determined that the SteamVR version was built using Unreal 4.19.

I used UnrealPakSwitch to unpack the .pak file.
I was able to replace some of the ubulk files to remove some shadows that I didn't like. And I tested repackaging that as a _p.pak patch and it works great.

Now I'm trying to edit one of the models.

UEviewer opens the uasset/uexp files just fine.

I'm able to extract the Skeletal Mesh (psk) file.
And I'm able to load that PSK into Blender. I made the changes I want. And I can export the PSK out of Blender just fine.

Now I'm not sure how to get the PSK back into the uexp file that it came out of. When I exported I got a lot of files, materials, txt property files, tga(s).

I read in the FAQ:
Extracting an upk or uasset file - this is done with a "package extractor" tool. It loads an uasset ("package") and saves every internal data as a separate file. I use it from time to time to inspect what's stored inside a package, the data is not useful for me in any other way. Some people does something more with extracted data, sometimes they even able to replace some structures by recombining package back from extracted data.

I'd like to replace the psk inside the uasset/uexp that it came from. But I can't find any information on how that is done. I've seen people mentioning HEX editing. But even the unmodified psk contains hex strings that aren't in the uexp (the original uasset file is only 21KB but the uexp is 9,612KB, and the extracted psk is 3,514KB).

Any tips or pointers on how to get this modified psk back into the program?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 12:19 by UNASDFWE » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Together VR
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 18:19 »

Shrek 4? Grin

Newer UModel should have nicer colors.
https://twitter.com/UGildor/status/1283473706593980417/photo/1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 18:22 by Gildor » Logged
UNASDFWE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 20:36 »

Updated. I don't see any un-export capabilities in the newer client. Not that I was expecting any. If I can figure out how to repackage this psk, then I can put Princess Fiona into the game.
Thanks.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 03:07 »

@UNASDFWE: The whole reimport routine looks like this.
UNASDFWE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 04:00 »

@UNASDFWE: The whole reimport routine looks like this.

Thank you. This link is very thorough and looks like exactly what I need.
Jump to: