March 29, 2024, 03:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: save default settings?  (Read 399 times)
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2020, 08:38 »

I LOVE this program and am wondering about functionality here. I am wondering if it is possible to save the settings on the main UE Viewer Startup Options page?

I would love to be able to save the default loading directory for the game I want to explore ( I have to copy paste it from a bookmark each time I open teh program). I would also like to save the other settings for the check boxes, game version etc.

Cheers

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:40 »

This feature is planned, not possible at the moment.
You may use command line arguments to customize all startup settings (just make a shortcut for umodel.exe and put options there).
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 21:43 »

This feature is planned, not possible at the moment.
You may use command line arguments to customize all startup settings (just make a shortcut for umodel.exe and put options there).

Im very interested in this. I assume it would be with a .bat file? Could you please direct me to the documentation on this or how I might go about this?

Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 21:46 »

Not necessarily the .bat file, could be set directly in shortcut. I don't have the documentation because these things are obvious for me (I started with PC when there weren't a MOUSE, we did work with MS-DOS and a keyboard Smiley)
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 22:13 »

Not necessarily the .bat file, could be set directly in shortcut. I don't have the documentation because these things are obvious for me (I started with PC when there weren't a MOUSE, we did work with MS-DOS and a keyboard Smiley)

ok perhaps you can lend yourself to me with your DOS wizardy!  Smiley Here are my settings:

Could you tell me how to write out these arguments? (never mind the morph targets that should not have been highlighted)

Cheers
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 22:18 »

Code:
-path="C:\Program Files\Core Temp" -game=ue2 -nomesh -noanim -nolm
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 22:40 »

Code:
-path="C:\Program Files\Core Temp" -game=ue2 -nomesh -noanim -noanlm

returned error : cant find path (albeit I am using a different path than the one shown above, but the path is valid.. It also contains spaces, however path is all contained within quotes.It seems to start at the first part of the path that has a space and ends at the second part of the path that has a space.

I tried this in a .bat file at first then in a shortcut. Even the shortcut is returning error: invalid path. Here is the path name:

G:\Greg Gaming\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock 2 Remastered

I have tried adding \ to the end , but this did not help. The path is a little long, but nothing crazy. Are there any limitations to paths?

Any ideas here?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 23:37 by Gildor » Logged
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 22:57 »

I cant even launch the program with a bat file without arguments:

start /d "G:\Windows_Games_2\4 modding\1-----RE4 mod tools-----\umodel\umodel.exe"

returns invalid directory. Strangely I am able to launch other applications from this directory
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 23:02 by Mr.Curious » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 23:08 »

If you have problems with such complex path names, I'd simply suggest moving stuff to a folder with simpler name, e.g. C:\1 or similar. To debug your error without seeing it, it could require too much time and iterations. You can record a video showing your folders and error messages, of course - "returns invalid directory" phrase doesn't contain enough information for me, but this is only the thing you provided.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 23:14 »

my mistake:

Code:
start /d "G:\Windows_Games_2\4 modding\1-----RE4 mod tools-----\umodel\umodel.exe"

should have read:

Code:
start /d "G:\Windows_Games_2\4 modding\1-----RE4 mod tools-----\umodel\" umodel.exe
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 23:20 »

If you're using batch file (not a shortcut which I advised to use), I'd suggest doing a kind of this:
Code:
:: change drive, if you're running not from G:
G:
:: change current folder
cd "G:\...umodel"
:: run umodel.exe with parameters
umodel.exe [arguments]
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 23:25 »

ok I can launch with .bat file ok , but the arguments arent working:

Code:
start /d "G:\Windows_Games_2\4 modding\1-----RE4 mod tools-----\umodel\" umodel.exe -path="H:\Windows Gaming\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock 2 Remastered" -game=ue2 -nomesh -noanim -nolm

with this it wont launch. Using this without the arguments works fine.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 23:28 »

If you're using batch file (not a shortcut which I advised to use), I'd suggest doing a kind of this:
Code:
:: change drive, if you're running not from G:
G:
:: change current folder
cd "G:\...umodel"
:: run umodel.exe with parameters
umodel.exe [arguments]

Almost there! one error:

Code:
UModel: bad command line: invalid option: -nolm

removing the -nolm gave this error after UModel was loaded:

FString<< <- Name: 0 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage: ContentBaked/pc/Maps/Eden.bsm, ver=143/59, game=ue2 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): ContentBaked/pc/Maps/Eden.bsm <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1385
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 23:31 by Mr.Curious » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 23:41 »

Sorry, it should be -noanim of course. Fixed my message.
BTW you're opening Bioshock Remastered, this game is NOT fully supported, but you're already using -nomesh and -noanim to disable things which will crash UModel.
I think you should remove -game=... option, UModel will recognize Bioshock Remastered and will try to open it with a proper engine.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 06:10 »

Sorry I totoally missed the important part of your last message and came to read it again.  shocked

taking out
Code:
-game=ue2
worked !!

thanks for taking the time to walk me through this!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: