Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dead By Daylight _BDE Texture  (Read 926 times)
ILikeMen

View Profile
Dead By Daylight _BDE Texture
« on: September 24, 2020, 17:59 »

I was wondering if anyone knew what a _BDE texture file is used for and how to apply it properly? I've found it in a few models in Dead by Daylight, I'll put it along with the other texture files below to give a bit of context in the hopes that anyone knows what it's meant to be used for.

I'm unsure what the exact name for this texture is so I just call it the main one Tongue it ends with _BC

This is just the normals one, ends with _N

Here's the Occlusion, Roughness and Metalic, ends with _ORM

And the final one in question, ending with _BDE

I think the blue channel is meant to be emission as when I applied it to the BSDF Emission it seemed to fit correctly into the "space" left in the _BC. As you can probably tell I'm pretty new to blender and ue viewer, just hoping to figure out what the red and green channel are to be used for in this

Here's how the rendered model looks like with all the textures applied, including the blue channel into emission but with the red and green left out.

Thank you in advance for any help <3
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:59 by Blenux » Logged
ILikeMen

View Profile
Re: Dead By Daylight _BDE Texture
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 03:36 »

Thought I'd also add what it's meant to look like from the game, sorry for the low quality pic, don't have the cosmetic ingame so grabbed it from the wiki

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:56 »

If you're asking a question here - I do not see it. What's wrong?
ILikeMen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 16:09 »

I'm just trying to find out what to apply the red and green channels in the _BDE file to, so what the B and D in it stand for, similar to how the _ORM stands for Occlusion, Roughness, and Metalic. Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology for this
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 16:13 »

That could be for instance subsurface scattering mask.
ILikeMen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 17:32 »

Got it working after playing about a bit to figure out subsurface scattering, will play around more to get it looking right but thank you so much for the help <3
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:00 by Blenux » Logged
ItzPixel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 01:37 »

how were you able to solve this, can you screenshot your shader? I'm struggling to figure out how to map them correctly
ILikeMen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 18:28 »

how were you able to solve this, can you screenshot your shader? I'm struggling to figure out how to map them correctly

Hey sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right way to do it but it seemed to work for me after some fiddling

Here's the RGB Curves as well

Jump to: