April 18, 2024, 16:40
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Transformes WFC textures  (Read 2903 times)
yair1221

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2011, 13:01 »

can anyone tell me how to find/give me the textures for the cars and robots in transformers?
all the textures i can find aren't the real textures, they are yellow and stuff like that
the only real texture i could find was bumblebee's
the original textures for the models just dont exist in any file!
ive searched all the files including the words "design" or "art"(i've found out that most of the game files are in these files) and i've also searched the robot and vehicle files(ROBO, ROBODEF, VEH, VEHDEF)...need help, and fast

cheers

yair
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 16:09 by yair1221 » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 19:26 »

can anyone tell me how to find/give me the textures for the cars and robots in transformers?
all the textures i can find aren't the real textures, they are yellow and stuff like that
the only real texture i could find was bumblebee's
the original textures for the models just dont exist in any file!
ive searched all the files including the words "design" or "art"(i've found out that most of the game files are in these files) and i've also searched the robot and vehicle files(ROBO, ROBODEF, VEH, VEHDEF)...need help, and fast

cheers

yair

You are not understanding how materials are built in UE3. If you look at those colors, they represent certain material types (steel, rubber, glass, etc..) How the textures were created was with shaders and not with one diffuse texture map as you are used to.

This is typical of HI-END shading a la Mass Effect 2 which used the same technique. Why do this? You have much greater control of the final output with a shader than you do with a texture map. What you have to do is mask the colors in UDK for example and then apply the color you want to that masked area. You're not going to find the diffuse texture.

I hope that helps.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MaterialsCompendium.html#ComponentMask

..:: ESR911 ::..
yair1221

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 19:38 »

yes, i understand how RGBA mask works....i just thought the texture will be there
i guess i can try using the texture i have, maybe ill work the RGB on it too, and get the right colors...but its gonna take a while...a LONG while
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: