March 29, 2024, 11:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Error while trying to open KH3  (Read 208 times)
Namine

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2020, 06:52 »

So I've downloaded the game in pkg files and I tried to open the first file and got this error:

GetFilesize return 0x100000000

and here's the code:
GetFileSize returns 0x100000000
Found 1 game files (0 skipped) in 1 folders at path "C:\Users\kinse\Desktop\Kindom Hearts 3 Rip"
Scanned game directory in 0.0 sec, 8 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 0 calls.
*** ERROR: GetFileSize returns 0x100000000
UnPackage::CreateLoader: Kingdomhearts31.pkg <- UnPackage::UnPackage: Kingdomhearts31.pkg, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): Kingdomhearts31.pkg <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1401

Can anyone help me with this?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 10:20 »

Does Kingdomhearts31.pkg file really have 4Gb size?
Namine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 11:10 »

Does Kingdomhearts31.pkg file really have 4Gb size?
I actually don’t know, I’d have to check in my hex editor, but I don’t know where the size is usually located in these files. Do you know where I could find out the size in the text?

Also, the full game is split into parts (pkgs) , so I’d have to combine them all to get the full thing but I don’t believe I have to combine them in order to exstract.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 11:16 »

I just asked about meaning of the error. UModel attempts to open file "Kingdomhearts31.pkg" in the folder "C:\Users\kinse\Desktop\Kindom Hearts 3 Rip" and throws an error because the file is larger than (to be more precise, EXACTLY matches) 4Gb size.

If you want to know anything else about the game support, you should refer to the main game's thread - use compatibility table or forum search to locate it.
Namine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 11:25 »

I just asked about meaning of the error. UModel attempts to open file "Kingdomhearts31.pkg" in the folder "C:\Users\kinse\Desktop\Kindom Hearts 3 Rip" and throws an error because the file is larger than (to be more precise, EXACTLY matches) 4Gb size.

If you want to know anything else about the game support, you should refer to the main game's thread - use compatibility table or forum search to locate it.
Alright, thank you. I checked the files size and it is 4 gb. Do you know how to solve this size issue? Like, is there a way to trick it into thinking it’s another size? Thank you for your help so far, by the way, it means a lot!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 11:29 »

UModel throws an error only when uasset file is larger than 4Gb. I think .pkg is a kind of archive which contains .uasset files inside? UModel doesn't know about its format, so you should either extract it (with some different software), or remove it (hide from UModel). As I said, refer to the main game's thread. I know nothing about special steps to open this game's files.
Namine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 11:31 »

UModel throws an error only when uasset file is larger than 4Gb. I think .pkg is a kind of archive which contains .uasset files inside? UModel doesn't know about its format, so you should either extract it (with some different software), or remove it (hide from UModel). As I said, refer to the main game's thread. I know nothing about special steps to open this game's files.
Alright, thank you for the help!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 22:21 »

pkg is native PS4 package. There is instruction about how to [merge and] extract files from such packages here.
Namine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 22:56 »

pkg is native PS4 package. There is instruction about how to [merge and] extract files from such packages here.
Thank you so much!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: