March 28, 2024, 15:36
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope  (Read 1408 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 16:48 »

Game: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.24 (old versions) / 4.26 (current version)

Almost all works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1589 at the moment). To load most of skeletal meshes, you should disable Morph Targets option on the umodel startup, otherwise you'll get an error. Also, trying to load all possible animations for a model at once will lead to umodel crash, so it's better to search and apply them manually.

Update: They've updated the game to more recent engine, used in latest games from the series, and now it's also using ACL for animations. For latest game versions use specific build from this topic with game specific override (it's the same for The Quarry and all The Dark Pictures Anthology games), just don't forget to disable morph targets. You may also check this post for more info about possible issues.

* Clipboard01.jpg (112.29 KB, 1852x1236 - viewed 399 times.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 21:22 by spiritovod » Logged
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 02:23 »

Strange. I can open and export most SkeletalMeshes, but I open the game with MorphTargets disabled. This is the same issue with MoM, MorphTargets don't work for some reason. 
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 04:07 »

@Arty: You are right. For some reason I forgot to check compatibility with that option disabled. I've edited first post to clarify that.
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 06:11 »

Update: For anyone that's broke, the game is being shipped within the patches on the PS4 ala Crash 4. However, the game does NOT use the default passcode.
Fuegoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 12:07 »

Hi how I can play animations with Umodel not working

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 16:48 »

@Fuegoo: But it works just fine. Though keep in mind that animations for heads are separated from animations for bodies, so you should apply and export then accordingly. You can add separate folders with animations to a mesh with "open folder content (append)" option in context menu.
Fuegoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 17:59 »

@spiritovod

Thank you Grin
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 18:21 »

I would wonder if MorphTarget support will be worked on/expanded in the future. I know that it worked with MoM in an older Umodel version, but later versions seem to have broken it.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 19:04 »

@Arty: Could you please explain what do you mean? I've just checked Man of Medan (MoM) and it has the same compatibility with umodel as Little Hope, with the same settings. The reason why older umodel builds could work with MoM without additional actions is because they didn't support morphs, so umodel simply ignored them and could open skeletal meshes "as is". If you're sure that morphs actually worked on some build and stopped working at some point, it can be possible degradation. You can try to find this out by using older umodel builds - if you don't know how to find them, check FAQ -> "Where could I get older version of UModel?", and also this post about older SDL2 library.
Black5Unit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 05:41 »

Hello,

I've been trying to export characters from the game for a long time (through UE viewer / UModel)

I have also followed everything that was given as tips here, but I keep getting error messages and my program then closes again and again. After porting I get the following:

Memory: bad allocation size -612099200 bytes
appMalloc: size=-612099200 (total=49 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 258871406 x 64 <- TArray::Serialize: 0/0 <- FSkelMeshSection4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 1/8 <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 0/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'AndrewStandardBody.AndrewStandardBody', pos=136C6E, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.24 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/Models/Andrew/Body/Standard/AndrewStandardBody.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1587

I would be grateful for any help.  Cheesy
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 19:09 »

@Black5Unit: Apparently they've upgraded the game to more recent engine, which is used in latest Dark Pictures games. I've updated the first post with relevant info. And morphs targets should be still disabled for most skeletal meshes to load properly.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: