March 28, 2024, 22:02
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Godfall  (Read 3023 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2020, 21:10 »

Game: Godfall (EGS page)
UE4 version: 4.25

Regular assets works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1437 at the moment).

For all MergedSMBP/MergedBlueprints/MergedMeshes/ProxySMBPMeshes/SmartSplineMeshes and similar kind of static meshes, along with meshes with more than 3000 bones use specific umodel build (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

Update: Versions 3.2.206 and above are not supported due to non-standard structure of archives (custom zen loader / io store format).

* Clipboard09.jpg (194.74 KB, 2547x1236 - viewed 395 times.)

* Clipboard10.jpg (186.52 KB, 2551x1240 - viewed 516 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 13:53 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 04:02 »

First post updated with specific umodel build for non-standard kind of static meshes. It should be able to work with all supported assets.
Exc1usive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 03:44 »

thanks for your input, great models.

Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 12:46 »

Using the posted build here there are still models in here that will not open, and cause the program to hard bootloop a file in example here is located in Game/Aperion/Enviroment_ArtBully/EarthBiome/Meshes/S_IronstoneStatue.Uasset It will not post an error or anything. only hard crashing both versions, the first version with stopper and allocation errors the version posted here it will just flat hard crash and reboot with no errors to report
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 14:30 »

@Jcbq01: Provide sample meshes you have problems with (either here or in PM), so I could take a look. You can extract them "as is" via "save packages" option in umodel.
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 09:50 »

thats the thing. its not exporting even that. i try and open the file, i get the version pop up. i hit okay. entire app closes. app reopens  asking where do i want to point it towards as if i just opened it
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 16:18 »

@Jcbq01: You don't need to open or "export" it, you need to "save packages" it, it's a separate option in context menu. And if it's asking for an UE version, don't simply hit ok, you need to provide it correctly for most operations.
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 05:29 »

I get it past the version selector on all functions. but on some of the assets it just... closes and reopens as if it had a exception and forces it to restart
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 19:11 »

@Jcbq01: umodel is able to extract assets even from totally unsupported games (regardless of the build), because "save packages" option, available in context menu for every asset, is simply dumping them as is without deserialization and the only way for this function not to work properly is corrupted package. If you don't understand what you need to do, I can't help you, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 19:13 by spiritovod » Logged
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 10:17 »

it can extract SOME files as both packages and as meshes. However that is only on a select few like weapons Plates, and some 'characters' all the other it short bootcycles. no errors. just terminal close, UI close. Terminal reboot, UI Reboot
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 22:43 »

@Jcbq01: I've asked a person to check it on the latest legit version, and the mentioned mesh is working fine with specific build (proof), as well as it's extraction with both latest official and specific umodel builds. So it's some kind of local issue or a user error / corrupted files. It's possible that your issue may be related to wrong SDL2 library (like in this topic).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 22:52 by spiritovod » Logged
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 21:57 »

Hey Goodfall updated, choosing to got he route of having its files of a trio of  cas/utoc/pak fikes. Umodel can recognize the .paks ans appears to see one of the attendant files posting something in the console:

Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 5813 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk3-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk3-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk4-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk4-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk5-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk5-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Engine/Programs/CrashReportClient/Content/Paks/CrashReportClient.pak: 6471 files, mount point: "/Engine/", version 9
Found 114946 game files (948 skipped) in 4282 folders at path "D:\Epic Games\Godfall"
Scanned game directory in 1.3 sec, 192614 allocs, 16.28 MBytes serialized in 73 calls.

Is there further steps required to access the new updated content?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 09:53 »

ucas/utok are always linked to a pak. UModel just won't display statistics of files found inside them. You may see "Found 114946 game files" (114k uassets) in your log, so I suppose everything's good.
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 14:02 »

But it cant open the said files. the file trees are empty Umodel may be able to 'see' the files but it cannot open them at all nor preview any of the secondary trees. As such is what progught this question up to begin with or it can only 'read'/open the first .pak
Jcbq01

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 10:13 »

I misstook the log as it was seeing the Umodel Export tree as well (as such the 114k uassets were FROM that tree.) I moved it out and its returned this:

Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 5813 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk3-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk3-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk4-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk4-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk5-WindowsNoEditor.pak: 0 files, version 9
D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Aperion/Content/Paks/pakchunk5-WindowsNoEditor.ucas has no index
Pak D:\Epic Games\Godfall/Engine/Programs/CrashReportClient/Content/Paks/CrashReportClient.pak: 6471 files, mount point: "/Engine/", version 9
Found 8538 game files (580 skipped) in 214 folders at path "D:\Epic Games\Godfall"
Scanned game directory in 0.0 sec, 1832 allocs, 16.28 MBytes serialized in 73 calls.

it *sees* the other paks and paired files but it seems like it cannot open them, with most of the assets seemingly stashed away in the UCAS file

any suggestions?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: