March 29, 2024, 14:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Extracting .xxx files from MK Vs. DCU & MOHA  (Read 750 times)
Jacob

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2020, 23:40 »

I'm trying to extract all audio (soundtrack & SFX, voices) from these two games.

I'm using UE Viewer and running into errors, attached in pictures. Someone elsewhere told me to use the Unreal Package Extractor, but I can't use it at all. When I open it, all that happens is a brief window pops up and it disappears. Compatibility settings in Windows doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm brand new at this, so excuse me if these issues I'm having seem trivial or silly.

P.S: The Mk Vs DC is Xbox360 and my Medal of Honor: Airborne is for PC (currently installed on Steam).

https://imgchest.com/p/b924922bynk

(I wanted to attach screenshots directly here, but the file size limit is too small)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 23:49 »

1. "Black window flashing" - you're using a command line tool, what requires different way of launch. Take a look at a couple of first videos on my youtube channel, showing usage of UModel when it didn't have a UI.
2. Error in MK - it happens when it attempts to load animation, which is NOT supported in this game. Just disable animations and try again.
3. MOHA - no idea. I see many files with size 0 on screenshot, and a few huge files. Different reasons of the problem could be there: corrupted files, or may be developers used extension .xxx for non-Unreal files, or may be the game has some encryption (try opening models from the game?)
Jacob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 01:04 »

Thank you for your reply.

Can you link me to your YouTube channel?

I read on the ZenHax forum that UModel only supports generic UE4 audio, so maybe that's the issue with Airborne.

I'm trying to do what you said with Mk but after scan content and export, it exports nothing.

With MOHA, I have already extracted textures (only one at a time though per package attempted), it seems to work no problem, it's the audio that's having a cow. Then again, all I see when I try to scan is the same tag message hinting at possible encryption.

* No Extraction.png (176.86 KB, 1920x1030 - viewed 199 times.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:29 by Jacob » Logged
Jacob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 04:59 »

Found the YouTube channel, in the noob section I was supposed to read in the first place *rubs back of neck, guilty*
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:36 »

Actually you had to look at readme.txt.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: