March 28, 2024, 15:03
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Back 4 Blood  (Read 6813 times)
Krazze

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 21:56 »

Was there any version between the alpha-final version with animation support? I got the alpha files but it's limited content.
Sleepyhead08

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 12:09 »

For latest game versions use specific umodel build (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. Animations from latest versions are using ACL compression, which is currently not supported by umodel.
Hi, question here: I know this thread is mostly in regards to ripping the models from the game, but I've been trying to do the opposite - importing models into the game - and it would really help if I could understand how exactly the B4B models differ from normal models cooked by UE4. What specifically is unique about the direct downloaded umodel_back4blood.exe that allows it to read the current B4B models? And would it be possible to cook custom models in this format such that they can be patched into the game via .pak?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 15:47 »

@Krazze: No, they've switched to presumably custom ACL in the early beta already.

@Sleepyhead08: The game is using modified 4.25-plus engine (though it looks more like 4.26 from umodel's side). In umodel it's additional RayTracingData and skipped RecomputeTangentsVertexMaskChannel field in SerializeRenderItem. Maybe 4.26 or 4.25-plus with those changes will work, dunno. Also, the game is using custom packages format, so you'll need to modify them accordingly (more info with samples in this post and few posts around). Though I should note that nor this, neither zenhax topics are not suitable for modding discussion, it's better to find some modding communities - for this game or general ones.
Sleepyhead08

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 00:26 »

Though I should note that nor this, neither zenhax topics are not suitable for modding discussion, it's better to find some modding communities - for this game or general ones.
Thanks for the info, and yes of course, I realize this isn't for modding. Just had to know about the tool used in the original post. Thanks for the help Smiley
Sleepyhead08

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 06:45 »

Hi again. It seems like the new update that dropped today has some new format to it that the existing specific script can't handle. When I go to unpack any of the .paks, I get this error:

Also, it seems the Back 4 Blood executable itself has been changed, because when I attempt to run the game with .paks from previous versions, I get this error:

Given that it says the pak version is 9, I believe it has something to do with this segment of code in the .bms script:

Would it be at all possible to fix this? We're sort of relying on this tool to cultivate the modding community. (I realize that's not your area of expertise, but the extraction itself is what's not working here.)

Thanks for all your help Smiley
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2022, 16:22 »

@Sleepyhead08: I believe such questions should be asked in proper places to begin with, as the info at the first post is provided just for reference and the issue is not related to umodel.
SweetCherry

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 13:55 »

Hello, I’m trying to extract sounds from the game, but umodel just keep saying: Exported 0/0 objects in 0.0 sec, although there IS uassets inside folders.
Steps that I’m done:

Exported files from .pak’s using custom bms sript (specific one for back4blood) with -o -C parameters.
Opening files using with specific umodel, that was linked inside this thread.
Override version of UE to 4.26
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 14:25 »

@SweetCherry: umodel doesn't support wwise audio, which is used in almost all modern UE games. You can use fmodel or other tools for extracting audio from the game.
SweetCherry

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 15:25 »

@SweetCherry: umodel doesn't support wwise audio, which is used in almost all modern UE games. You can use fmodel or other tools for extracting audio from the game.
This might not be a proper place to ask but fmodel returning me this: «no archives found in given directory yet».
I’m 100% sure that directory to the packs is right. Any ideas why this is happening?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 17:04 »

@SweetCherry: Please address questions about general usage of other tools to respective places, for example fmodel has its own discord server.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2022, 05:12 »

Animations for latest versions of the game are now supported in specific build, for more info read the first post. Both ACL and non-acl animations should work properly. First post was cleaned from outdated info to avoid possible confusion.

* Clipboard02.jpg (102.67 KB, 2558x1239 - viewed 132 times.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 14:18 by spiritovod » Logged
lhgaicxx

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2022, 15:30 »

I entered using ue4.25 and entered the key. But can't get the file. Has anyone told me what is the reason for this? How to solve

* bl.png (245.15 KB, 1561x829 - viewed 119 times.)
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2022, 17:07 »

I entered using ue4.25 and entered the key. But can't get the file. Has anyone told me what is the reason for this? How to solve

For latest versions:
Use specific umodel build from this topic for proper game support, including meshes and animations. Differences for meshes are still applied, 4.25 plus for skeletal meshes and 4.26 for static meshes. Beta versions and newer are using custom encryption, you need to extract assets first with quickbms script, available in specific scripts bundle from here. For more info read bottom part of this post.

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2022, 20:54 »

@Ehlyon: Please don't quote posts directly, but rather post link to them (or just refer to first posts in case like this). Otherwise if something will be changed there and quote become outdated (including quoted links), people still may refer to it anyway, which only increase confusion.
lhgaicxx

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2022, 05:25 »

Thanks a lot for your answer. But I don't know how to use it. i downloaded   【 custom_UE4_scripts】 

* 截图20221104092510.png (5.89 KB, 246x231 - viewed 42 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: