March 29, 2024, 03:40
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Medium  (Read 1127 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2021, 23:47 »

Game: The Medium (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1487 at the moment). Some materials are custom.

* Clipboard01.png (395.24 KB, 2541x1228 - viewed 331 times.)
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 21:43 »

This one seems to have problems with some textures. The error it generates is rather strange, not one I've ever seen before...

Code:
assertion failed: hdr->magic == BLOCK_MAGIC

<- appFree <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 00:36 »

May be you have old umodel?
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 21:56 »

I have the latest version, and it still does it on quite a few of them. Not sure which ones specifically, since I was just exporting whole folders at a time. There's a lot of files, and I can't figure out which of them is causing the problem. It's always that similar error though.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 22:36 »

Tried the newest version of umodel released on the 14th, getting a different weird crash-causing error.
Code:
assertion failed: ptr

<- appFree <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- QueueTask::Exec
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 21:13 »

Yet another issue cropping up now. The prior errors no longer appear but now this instead.

Code:
Serializing behind stopper (99DA0+A0008 > E3A7E)
FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Medium/character/Animals/Ravens_Crows/Meshes/SK_Raven_Realistic.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 2/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_Raven_Realistic.SK_Raven_Realistic', pos=9B622, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Medium/character/Animals/Ravens_Crows/Meshes/SK_Raven_Realistic.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1515 <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 00:43 »

Back to this one.

Code:
assertion failed: ptr

<- appFree <- TryExecuteInThread: ExportTexture
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 09:48 »

Give me the set of data which will let me to reproduce the issue, please. Probably pak(s) from the game. This is a multithreading issue and must be fixed, it is not specific to just a single game.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 22:27 »

Here's the most recent error-generating files I was able to pick out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ytwjmoig26pcs/Medium.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 22:31 by Grendor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 10:36 »

Could you look at the notify.log and console output please (the screenshot or log copy would be nice)? It seems that the problem happens NOT because of the threading, but because of (I'll try to explain)
1. UModel runs multiple threads. One starts to export SkeletalMesh, another one - Texture.
2. SkeletalMesh export fails (yep, there's a crash with it)
3. The thread attempts to lock all other threads to properly display the crash message
4. The lock doesn't work well, so another thread (e.g. Texture export) crashes too
5. Finally you see the strange message about texture export problem or something else.

I think, there should be something on the screen (console) before the crash itself.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 20:14 »

All right, Here's a screenshot of the console output, as much as I could get. Also attached the notify.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jrvcjr1lf7wwqp/ConsoleScreenshot.png?dl=0

* notify.log (2.58 KB - downloaded 46 times.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 23:59 »

This is not a threading crash, just a regular crash with SkeletalMesh.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 00:37 »

Is there any chance it will be fixed?
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 00:02 »

This is odd, i just tested all the human skeletal meshes, most creatures and even the animals too, and nearly all skeletal meshes are working except that one indicated (raven realistic), perhaps its better to change the compatibility table support for skeletal mesh to actually be supported, since its misleading for the table to indicate unsupported for a single skeletal mesh not working and most others working.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2021, 18:39 »

While checking compatibility table for possible issues to fix, I've noticed that the game is still marked as partially supported. Like cesm1980 already said above, it's actually fully supported with official latest build, except single mesh (raven realistic), which is probably some kind of leftovers and may not be used in-game.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: