Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe  (Read 49017 times)
Ace-Angel

View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 15:34 »

Those ARE the damage areas.

The game will load the 'damaged' textures onto each separate mesh depending on Hits or Progress of damage on character.
Some can also be affected by fatalities.

Just look how the games plays on YouTube or something. That's how it's done. They're not going to load a new complete mesh for a little bit of damage, this will waste resources much quicker.

Try selecting in your 3D Editor (for me 3DS Max) the model by 'Element', you should be able to select only the main mesh and leave the rest out. However, if you 'Detach' the said model, you'll lose the Bone, but I'm pretty sure the bone has it's own weights already applied, so it's a matter of rerigging the Bones via 'Skin' to the Model.

Once again, I'm not sure if this technique will work since I don't have the game...but try...
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 13:38 »

Is there any way to extract the special effects audio files (files beginning with "snd_sfx")?

Umodel doesnt find any supported files as I am assuming that it only looks for models, textures and animations. It would be cool if I could extract the audio files in the original format.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 20:09 »

Is there any way to extract the special effects audio files (files beginning with "snd_sfx")?

Umodel doesnt find any supported files as I am assuming that it only looks for models, textures and animations. It would be cool if I could extract the audio files in the original format.

Try using EkszBox-ABX

..:: ESR911 ::..
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 10:26 »

Try using EkszBox-ABX

..:: ESR911 ::..

Thanks for the reply. I've tried EkszBox-ABX as well as dragon unpacker but both applications cant read the data within a compressed *.xxx file. Both applications state that there are no files found.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 10:39 »

Try extracting package with "extract.exe" then use these resource rippers.
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48 »

Try extracting package with "extract.exe" then use these resource rippers.

I've tried extract.exe but I am getting the error: "ERROR: Unable to open file snd_sfx_raid.xxx
FFileReader::FFileReader:snd_sfx_raid.xxx <- UnPackage::UnPackage:snd_sfx_raid.xxx <- Main"
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 12:34 »

This means that extract.exe cannot find a file. You should supply a FULL filename.
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 10:09 »

This means that extract.exe cannot find a file. You should supply a FULL filename.

I assumed that I would need to specify the full path as it was in the same directory. Managed to extract it now, feel like such a noob  Embarrassed

Now that I've managed to extract the files,I have no idea how to open them. The file extensions are "FmodDesignerProject" , "FmodEventParameter" , "FmodEvent" and "Package". The naming of the "FmodEvent" files lead me to believe that these are the sound files.

I've downloaded an application called fmod designer but it cant seem to open any of these files. Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 12:19 »

Now that I've managed to extract the files,I have no idea how to open them. The file extensions are "FmodDesignerProject" , "FmodEventParameter" , "FmodEvent" and "Package". The naming of the "FmodEvent" files lead me to believe that these are the sound files.
These files are created by "extract". Umodel will not produce such files.
"Extract" tool produces files in internal UE formats, so these files are cannot be opened by any application directly! With some knowlege you can rip sounds and texts from these files, but no way to load them into any application.
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 17:39 »

I see, thanks for your response anyways.

One more question, I think I may have found the fmod project file required to open the sound files but I get a strange error with extract when try to uncompress the xxx file i.e:

"******** c:\umodel\FmodAudio.xxx ********
*** ERROR: lzxd_decompress() returned 11
appDecompressLZX <- appDecompress <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:c:\umodel\FmodAudio.xxx <- Main"

Sorry to keep bugging you.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 19:53 »

It looks like this is a script package (analogue of *.u files in other UE games). It should not be interesting for you - this is a game interface for FMod library.
MK vs DC has non-standard compression for script packages, that's why umodel (and extract.exe) failed to load them. This is not a bug. Umodel cannot detect compression algorithm. All XBox360 UE3 games uses LZX, but most Midway's games uses LZO for script packages for all platforms.
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 10:16 »

You are right, the FmodAudio.xxx  didnt contain anything important. By using a hex editor on the xxx file, I determined that the file was a container for a fsb file. I managed to extract the file and then converted it to wav.

Just thought I'd post the info in case anybody else wants to extract the audio.
dewd
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 00:02 »

hey.

i've just muddled the iso to my hdd and used umodel on the files.
the characters have some f***d up textures, is this normal??

(Watch your mouth or you will be banned)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:06 by esr911 » Logged
dewd
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 19:49 »

i wasn't actually insulting here anyone. so sorry, ofc i meant MESSED UP textures Wink
D2rnattakorn
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 23:14 »

Hi my name is Nat. Grin I am new in this Importing and Exporting model here.

I try to view and Exporting model/textures from MK vs DC but i think i get error as the following in a text file call "notify" and not thing happen:

******** CHAR_DarkKahn.xxx ********

WARNING: ArrayProperty "UAnimSequence::MKAnimTagData" was not found
WARNING: IntProperty "UAnimSequence::m_nVersion" was not found
ERROR: assertion failed: size >= 0 && size < (256<<20)

appMalloc:size=1041865114 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- UAnimSequence::Serialize <- LoadObject:AnimSequence'CHAR_DarkKahn.AnimSequence_0', pos=51217, ver=402/30, game=1803 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:CHAR_DarkKahn.xxx:167 <- LoadWholePackage <- Main

******** C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\My Games\UModel\CHAR_DarkKahn.xxx ********

WARNING: ArrayProperty "UAnimSequence::MKAnimTagData" was not found
WARNING: IntProperty "UAnimSequence::m_nVersion" was not found
ERROR: assertion failed: size >= 0 && size < (256<<20)

appMalloc:size=1041865114 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- UAnimSequence::Serialize <- LoadObject:AnimSequence'CHAR_DarkKahn.AnimSequence_0', pos=51217, ver=402/30, game=1803 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:CHAR_DarkKahn.xxx:167 <- LoadWholePackage <- Main

I having this massage only with all the characters files (for example: CHAR_Baraka.xxx) and the scene files(for example: BGND_GothamCity.xxx).
However, other file like; FX_DeathStroke.xxx or ui_s_characterViewer.xxx are load and viewing OK. Only the the characters files (CHAR_Baraka.xxx is a character file right?) and the scene that i can not open.

I have been follow "How to Extract using uModel like a Pro" and "Importing / Exporting Full Models Tutorial".

So I wonder if i miss a step? or
if there something that i need to do with the file first?
and is this what Veselaki is talking about on the 2nd post?
I am using the Umodel that Updated on 25 February, 2010 - 00:57.

Plases help me, I have been reading this Forums over and over but i still can not get it to work for me.
Thank you.

PS: Sorry if my english is not good. And I am not a coder, I can only work on 3ds max.
Jump to: