March 29, 2024, 10:53
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Letter case in the names of exported files  (Read 123 times)
Daredust

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2021, 23:10 »

Hello, I am unsure if this an issue with umodel or not and I'm hoping to find some answers here.

I have been extracting files with umodel for quite a while now and some time ago I noticed that the names of the extracted files were all lowercase, when they weren't before. I just assumed that it was a change by the game developer.
This was until recently when I noticed that the file names were mixed case, like they used to be and how I wanted them to be. Unfortunately I did not look into the reason for why the issue was fixed and now, after updating umodel to the newest version the file names are all lowercase again, and I do not remember what version I had before.

Now for my question: is it possible that umodel affects the case of the file names and this "bug" was fixed at some point, but reintroduced? Or can this only be due to the files being packed in lowercase by the developers?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 00:02 »

Hi. This is strange, I don't have such issue. May be you could upload a sample package which confuses you?
Daredust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 02:24 »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PaQDon4mCH6VegGh8GcvavR6HzJlwGBQ/view?usp=sharing

Here's one file, I hope Google Drive is fine. The file is from the UE3 game SMITE.
Also, I tried a few things again and I just can't get it to produce a mixed case output anymore. I'm pretty sure at this point that the file case changed with a game update and has nothing to do with your tool...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:35 »

It seems you're right, all object names inside are in lower case.
Daredust

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 11:42 »

Thanks for looking into this for me. Can I conclude that it has nothing to do with umodel?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: