March 28, 2024, 20:20
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Outriders  (Read 2931 times)
nfinityaz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2021, 16:37 »

Small fix for textures is added to my previous post.
With it you should be able to view and export all textures from the game. Please read that post carefully to avoid possible issues.

Hi @Spiritovod and everyone else. I am new here, so it's a bit ungrateful to just run in here and ask for things but I'm doing something for the Outriders community and could use some help or at least some questions answered.

I'm a developer and making an app that deals with some actual Outriders game stuff and some tools like build creator, encyclopedia and weapon/armor calculators and other things. I built like 80% of it but I'm trying to export some images from certain screens in the game like enemies on the Journal section because it will take me a while to actually manually screenshot and cut out things.

So here's where I'm at with actual Unreal files.

1. I used qbms and exported the files from paks
2. I see your V5 umodel works with meshes and materials for the most part so that's great. So I have done all the stuff to actually have the files

So this is where the question comes in:
1. Is there any way to export the data tables from the files? (non-related to the images I actually need but it would be useful for my app)
2. Is there any way to find and access the items used for Enemies in Journal section to get nice transparent meshes and enemies they have on those pages? You've lived this game to process stuff with uModel so I'm guessing you know these files like a back of your hand.

Appreciate any help. Thanks!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2021, 16:59 »

@nfinityaz:
1. umodel doesn't work with data tables, but you can try fmodel, it can parse more general data in UE4 assets - though due to unversioned properties I'm not sure it will work as intended for this game. In most cases people are parsing data table and such manually or by modifying existing tools like JohnWickParse or something.
2. As for particular meshes or textures, I didn't play the game and have almost zero idea about in-game representation of them. Though from your explanation it's possible that they've used actual enemy meshes with specific shaders or materials (which are quite complicated, as I could notice) to make them look like that in the journal.

Also, you said "works with meshes and materials for the most part" - if some meshes or materials are throwing errors for you, feel free to report them, but please read this post before doing so. In case if it was about custom materials, they can be properly recreated only in third-party tools like blender from materials properties, available upon export or in the viewer itself (if possible).
Friala

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2022, 15:07 »

Hey @spiritovod, thanks for the help on RIN. Managed to unpack the files properly this time but getting errors.

I'm using the outriders v5 version of umodel posted in the OP. I've tried the base version too. I've tried loading a few random textures and some work, a lot don't and throw up the same error. It seems some of the larger texture files in the UI Assets folders (not the Armors and Weapons weirdly) are causing errors. I'm mostly just after Icons, enemy images and HUD assets at the moment to mess around with in Photoshop as I'm currently doing some database content for the game. Any ideas?

Here's a link to the Map https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ERFn0lxMHwK2dgLnYdHDpxoQfRVlnagf?usp=sharing folder which always throws up errors for me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 17:07 by Friala » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2022, 16:34 »

@Friala: Please read this post first.
Friala

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2022, 17:08 »

@spiritovod Apologies. Missed that bit of your thread. I modified my previous post with a link to one of the texture assets that seems to keep causing errors.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2022, 19:34 »

@Friala: I've updated specific build with small fix for textures, at least those above should work now. Feel free to test other assets types from latest game version as well.
potatomaster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 04:37 »

opening some meshes(usually clothing) are causing the umodel to crash. It seems to have something to do with the texture/material since disabling it or simply deleting it makes the model openable again.

Here the example assets: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XekwzPzdLnF6MGDlO9UmFQoPbMoDfueK/view?usp=sharing

It don't make it unusable, just annoying. Posting it if OP want to fix or if someone is having issues and don't know why.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 04:40 by potatomaster » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2022, 17:06 »

@potatomaster: Thanks for reporting this issue, it's a downgrade introduced in one of previous updates for v5 build. It should be fixed now in the updated build.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 17:21 by spiritovod » Logged
potatomaster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2022, 22:38 »

@potatomaster: Thanks for reporting this issue, it's a downgrade introduced in one of previous updates for v5 build. It should be fixed now in the updated build.

Thank you very much, it will a lot easier to find stuff now
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2022, 02:08 »

got animation crash with v5 build, example uploaded
the one crashes called "Root_Player_Mantle_JumpOn_Cover", other ones like "Root_Player_Mantle_JumpOff" works fine
if it's complex to work it out, could we try skip those crash ones that can help for load bulk anims?
anyway plz take a look, thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o2xJanitYJ8RQIXEjM3_V_3xDBuqZ6VS/view?usp=share_link
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 02:14 by redtank » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2022, 02:33 »

@redtank: I've reworked some parts of the build in the first post, all animations should work properly now. Though additive animations won't be marked such in the viewer and it's not possible to export all animations at once, because of used master skeleton and general limitations (only in the demo there are over 10k animations).

Note that you need to use 4.25 override now for build v6 and newer, first post is updated accordingly.
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2022, 06:03 »

@redtank: I've reworked some parts of the build in the first post, all animations should work properly now. Though additive animations won't be marked such in the viewer and it's not possible to export all animations at once, because of used master skeleton and general limitations (only in the demo there are over 10k animations).

Note that you need to use 4.25 override now for build v6 and newer, first post is updated accordingly.
@spiritovod thanks for the fast update! and i understand there has limitation with anim process

here i got another anim crash with v6+v4.25, "WRZ_Heavy_Skill_Mortar_Lp_01" is the crash one and other ones seems work, plz take a look
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObCECiPkDe9BQYt_FajafMkcK5tF7F-7/view?usp=share_link
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2022, 08:07 »

@redtank: It should be fixed now in the updated build.
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2022, 01:49 »

@redtank: It should be fixed now in the updated build.
Many Thanks!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: