March 29, 2024, 09:47
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE4] Apex Legends Mobile  (Read 5513 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2022, 15:17 »

@FabianFG: Sorry for the bothering, you're right, apparently it's kind of issue with quickbms - the code itself is working fine (including C variant), but output for some files becomes invalid for some reason. I just got confused, because it happens only with ini files and it's the first time I see something like this, the rest can be decrypted and decompressed just fine at the first glance.
FabianFG

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 15:37 »

@FabianFG: Sorry for the bothering, you're right, apparently it's kind of issue with quickbms - the code itself is working fine (including C variant), but output for some files becomes invalid for some reason. I just got confused, because it happens only with ini files and it's the first time I see something like this, the rest can be decrypted and decompressed just fine at the first glance.

Yeah, maybe I misunderstood sth in the decryption routine that only matters in rare cases. Do you have a specific ini where this happened?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 16:45 »

@FabianFG: Um, like I said, it's not fault of decryption routine, but some quickbms internal operations. I just tried to decrypt chunk with ini directly and it works, but in context of whole extraction (from the correct offset) the result becomes incorrect and it happens only with ini, even though it's obviously not specified in the script. Weird, right? Anyway, thanks again for the code, maybe I'll just solve the issue with some workaround.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2022, 00:38 »

Meanwhile, specific build in the second post is now updated with support for latest game versions. Not sure if everything is totally accurate though, there may be some issues with normals and also with scaling for static meshes.
Biast12

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2022, 22:02 »

Yep, a few new models doesn't have normal maps and close to all models are really small, also a question, can umodel export the sound? can't seem to get it to work, tho a custom fmodel version can, idk if it's just me or if they changed something
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2022, 22:09 »

Yep, a few new models doesn't have normal maps and close to all models are really small...
I'm pretty sure spiritovod was talking about the vertex normals and not the normal maps.

...can umodel export the sound?
UEViewer does not support Wwise, so no, it cannot export it in a format that'd be directly usable. With the BMS script you get .wem files that you can play with foobar2000 or convert it using vgmstream. FModel does this conversion automatically using the latter.
Biast12

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2022, 22:26 »

UEViewer does not support Wwise, so no, it cannot export it in a format that'd be directly usable. With the BMS script you get .wem files that you can play with foobar2000 or convert it using vgmstream. FModel does this conversion automatically using the latter.
i know it's likely not gonna be easy to add, but would it be posebul to add Wwise support to umodel? fmodel is just so slow at exporting the sounds in .wav format, or would there be another way to convert all the .wem files to .wav in an easy way and not one by one?
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2022, 22:40 »

i know it's likely not gonna be easy to add, but would it be posebul to add Wwise support to umodel?
Don't think anyone will do that. Wwise is very complicated and has nothing to do with UE itself.

fmodel is just so slow at exporting the sounds in .wav format, or would there be another way to convert all the .wem files to .wav in an easy way and not one by one?
Just use vgmstream yourself without fmodel; https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream
usage help is here: https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/blob/master/doc/USAGE.md (you most likely want to use test.exe/vgmstream-cli)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2022, 02:42 »

To clarify things, usually packed vertex normals are stored as two components, in uints, per vertex in UE4 (tangent x and tangent z, y would be restored). In Apex there is only one component per vertex, so I'm not sure if it's additionally packed or normals are restored differently. As for scaling, after unpacking geometry meshes should be scaled via bounds, but for skeletal meshes result is displaced relative to skeleton, which would be a problem, so they are scaled artificially.
I'm not familiar with umodel and geometry formats that much to understand how both those things should actually work.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:46 by spiritovod » Logged
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2022, 19:05 »

Vertex shader and other related data for it of Fade's (Phantom) body submesh, might be useful to figure out normals?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13G16gqjke7u3_acLwKhdNRlqBuubD9PK/view?usp=sharing

edit: figured it out, looks okay-ish
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 14:22 by floxay » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2022, 01:22 »

@floxay: Could you also provide UE assets for that mesh, so I could compare that data with umodel's output? For now only AdjustOutputSemantic looks familiar, which is probably post-scaling without bounds concerned, and it's around the same as in umodel.

I would be more interested in the game sdk with structs, though not sure if it's already dumped. Anyway, going to vacation in around a week, so all researches will be postponed for some time.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2022, 17:04 »

Specific build in the second post updated.

What's new:
1) Encryption is now supported directly in umodel, you don't need to extract assets (thanks to FabianFG).
2) Support for animations added, only for ACL ones at the moment, the game is using three formats actually (thanks to Minshu).
3) Fix for vertex normals added, and also chunk for them to psk export (both thanks to floxay). You need to use import plugins, mentioned here, for proper chunk support.

Some issues are still possible, but nothing should crash at the moment. Snippet for changes in static meshes is available here.
nanakjaggi

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2022, 18:40 »

Specific build in the second post updated.

What's new:
1) Encryption is now supported directly in umodel, you don't need to extract assets (thanks to FabianFG).
2) Support for animations added, only for ACL ones at the moment, the game is using three formats actually (thanks to Minshu).
3) Fix for vertex normals added, and also chunk for them to psk export (both thanks to floxay). You need to use import plugins, mentioned here, for proper chunk support.

Some issues are still possible, but nothing should crash at the moment. Snippet for changes in static meshes is available here.

getting this if i use apex legend v4 even though sdl2.ll file is there !

* apex erroer.png (155.44 KB, 1366x610 - viewed 84 times.)
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2022, 23:04 »

you need SDL2_64.dll
nanakjaggi

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2022, 09:53 »

you need SDL2_64.dll
can u send this file i downloaded from internet but still getting that error

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: