Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: A trivial modification for L2M animation batch exporting  (Read 301 times)
Sodium

View Profile
A trivial modification for L2M animation batch exporting
« on: May 17, 2021, 16:47 »

Greetings,

Recently I trivially modified the ActorX Importer for batch exporting skeletal animations of Lineage 2M as in attachment. I wish it could help anyway.

A UModel-exported L2M skeletal mesh has one .psk (mesh) file and an extra animation folder containing multiple .psa files, each in which contains only one animation track, causing it inconvenient to export all animations for a single mesh. This modification allows to batch export multiple .psa files from a specific folder for a single skeletal mesh.

To use this function, firstly import a .psk skeletal mesh. Then press "Export PSAs from Folder..." button and specify the folder containing .psa files. If it runs correctly, a subfolder named "FBX" will be created in the specified folder and contains all animations as FBXs, one for each track. Then you can import them into UE4 or do something else. Since I actually do not understand about how psa-importer works, it's not implemented to combine all animations into a single FBX.

If there are any unexpected behaviors, please don't hesitate to reply this topic or contact me: sodiumzh@outlook.com.

Other tips about L2M extraction:
Encryption code (from Internet, needed when extracting any L2M files with UModel):
0x36B7CC0299336C3A522B3A6E3205E3C2AC68DC3703AC0AAFEF56CF90972EAF3E
Version: UE 4.21

* ActorXImporter_L2MAnimMod_Sodium.ms (64.49 KB - downloaded 63 times.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: A trivial modification for L2M animation batch exporting
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 17:06 »

Did you see the export_fbx.ms script? It does some batch work, but probably not working with multiple psa files.
Sodium

View Profile
Re: A trivial modification for L2M animation batch exporting
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 20:16 »

The export_fbx script "Export Animations" seems to export all animations when they are all simutaneously loaded with the mesh, and for L2 it works well (since a .psk has only one .psa).

The problem is that .psa animations are seperated in L2M skeletal meshes. When another .psa is loaded, the former will be overridden. Thus it seems that you have to manually load each .psa and export, which is quite complicated work. My adjustment is just a loop to search each .psa file in the given folder, load it and export fbx. It's simply for automatizing repeated manual work.
Jump to: