March 29, 2024, 02:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help Importing ME3:LE Weapon Folding/Equip Animations  (Read 514 times)
Silent

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2021, 00:53 »

Hey! I know this might be a tried and tired topic, as I've seen related posts involving other games with similar problems. But I'm pretty much an absolute beginner to the animating scene and I was wondering if someone could explain how I would be able to view Mass Effect 3 Legendary Edition weapon animations in Blender, specifically the equipping/unequipping animations where its components extend and retract in the character's hands, and furthermore with the Predator Pistol and the Avenger Assault Rifle.

To preface, I understand Mass Effect 3 uses 3ds Max for its animations. Now, I'd rather avoid spending money so I do not have that program installed. So I'm completely restricted to Blender.

Now, I'm using Blender 2.93, and I've gone on ahead and installed UModel and scanned the game's contents; I also have installed Befzz's .psk/.psa importer, and everything appears to be running fine.

My problem comes across in trying to get everything to work together. For most of the .psk files I've come across, they usually only have two .psa files. I'm unsure if either of these files are the animations I'm looking for because when I attach these .psa files to the .psk files, one .psa file does nothing while the other reorients the gun so it's flat and "wiggles" it around a bit. I'm wondering if there are more steps I need to take to manipulate the animation file(.psa) to work with the skeletal mesh file(.psk) or if I'm missing something entirely. As I've said, I am a complete beginner to this sort of thing.

Any possible way to receive the proper files for the folding animations to work with the weapons would be greatly appreciated, or an extensive tutorial would be even better. Thank you! smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 08:33 by Blenux » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 10:50 »

Make sure to export the addition anim sets and switch to them in the action editor in Blender.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 01:50 »

Oh my, it worked! Seems like I got a lot more to learn than I expected about animating in Blender. This was incredibly helpful, thank you so so much!
Cheers! grin
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: