March 29, 2024, 10:45
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Life is Strange: True Colors  (Read 1607 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2021, 23:30 »

Game: Life is Strange: True Colors (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1571 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Also note that the game is using universal skeletons for some characters, so auto-search may find you all animations compatible with current skeleton rather than compatible with current mesh.

Switch version of the game is using frozen index package format, which is unsupported by umodel, and you need to extract assets first with native unrealpak tool, available in "alternative tools" section here.

* Clipboard10.jpg (131.22 KB, 2557x1238 - viewed 552 times.)

* Clipboard11.jpg (241.9 KB, 2545x1233 - viewed 388 times.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 18:08 by spiritovod » Logged
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 00:27 »

Wait a minute animations are supported?? No ACL plugin this time? Oh i think i know why, its because this one is developed by Decknine instead of Dontnod that explains it!

By the way its mentioned on wikipedia that the ultimate edition of true colors also includes the Life is strange 1 and life is strange before the storm remasters, i hope that you or some one else gets it to test them as well, since it's a lot easier to get models and animations from those games specially before the storm if they are using now unreal engine 4, let's hope they don't get ACL added, but since before the storm was also developed by Decknine its possible animations are supported just like in true colors, but life is strange 1 probably will use ACL now, much like life is strange 2 in later episodes.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 00:50 »

@cesm1980: Remastered collection is delayed until 2022 (official statement), so even you own ultimate edition, you can access only True Colors at the moment.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:17 »

Oh i see, thanks for the info, we will have to wait quite a while then, meanwhile its great to know true colors is fully supported.
sickbrain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 00:09 »

Is it possible to locate the pak file for the audio file I wonder. Voice lines, soundtracks etc.
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 01:19 »

Tried loading the Switch version, but unfortunately it's using frozen index. (\Siren\Content\Paks/Siren-Switch.pak)

Code:
ERROR: assertion failed: !bIndexIsFrozen
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 07:00 »

@IgelRM: Packages with frozen index should be extracted first with corresponding unrealpak version, then you can use extracted files with umodel or anywhere else. You may take required unrealpak from here (you'll need 4.25 or 4.25 oodle, depends on compression in the game package).
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 00:57 »

Thanks, extracted with unrealpak 4.25. Thought I tried that before but had to nstool again because an old version of unrealpak somehow corrupted the file.

Everything appears to work, but textures appear properly on characters.

Screenshot (using extracted files with Nintendo Switch flag):
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: