Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: ActorX Importer: Too many frames  (Read 319 times)
Linebeck

View Profile
ActorX Importer: Too many frames
« on: September 16, 2021, 01:38 »

Hey guys!
I am working with the ActorX Importer for a long time now, but there was always one thing i couldn't get around.
If i import using the Importer from Gildor, it always imports too many frames, so that i have to remove duplicated frames by hand.
This is how it looks like: https://i.gyazo.com/3cc4c550fa31ed2e8ee2e70e1c791638.mp4

As you can see, the timeline has 80 frames but the animation itself is only 20 frames long. Now i am curious if there is any way to avoid this since i always have to delete all these unnecessary frames.
There may be a way to remove them automatically using max script, but i don't know how to do that either...

Got this problem for years now. I am happy for any help! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: ActorX Importer: Too many frames
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:40 »

I'd suggest looking at this animation in UModel itself. May be it has 80 frames in Unreal?
Linebeck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 01:03 »

I'd suggest looking at this animation in UModel itself. May be it has 80 frames in Unreal?

Sorry for late reply.
The source of my issue is somewhere else i guess :/
I am usually ripping from Unity Mobile games, which gives me FBX files including animations. Then i'm converting them to psa/pka via Noesis. This step is required to get everything to work properly for my purpose.
The ActorX importer is a must have at this point, as well as Noesis. So i actually have no control about the keyframes until it's getting imported from ActorX importer.

I just hoped it could be an "issue" of the importer but it most likely happens in Noesis which is out of my control(cant do much with frames in Noesis).

You seem to be pretty familar with Max Script. Do you think the is a way to detect duplicated frames and delete them?  Undecided

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 01:41 »

I was familiar enough to create the importer script, but I didn't do anything in this area for years. So, the answer is rather "no", I can't help with this. I even don't have Max installed for almost 2 years now.

I can suggest checking the psk/psa files with SkelEdit, it can be used as a standalone psk viewer. Just check if frame numbers are good or bad in psa itself.
Jump to: