Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition  (Read 2240 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition
« on: November 11, 2021, 19:54 »

Game: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition (rockstar store page)
UE4 version: 4.26

Meshes and textures works fine with latest umodel build (1576 at the moment), but materials are crashing umodel and animations can't be viewed or exported properly. For materials use specific umodel build (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (for PC and Switch versions). For mobile version you need to use specific build with game specific override option. If you're a newcomer, check this post before launching the build.

Update: Specific build is updated, it's now based on more recent build, which supports oodle compression (used in Switch and latest PC versions).
Update 2: Specific build is updated to bypass some particular errors.
Update 3: Specific build is updated to support mobile version of the trilogy. You need to use game specific override for it.

* Clipboard10.jpg (81.47 KB, 2545x1231 - viewed 614 times.)

* Clipboard11.jpg (116.11 KB, 2534x1230 - viewed 404 times.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 14:54 by spiritovod » Logged
Tspoon

View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 20:22 »

Some of the textures work and others fail to extract.

It seems most of the assets prefixed with MI_ throw errors (tried with all UE versions from 4.18 -> 4.27).

Example failing asset: /Games/SanAndreas/Characters/Peds/MI_army_skin.uasset
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 05:21 »

Specific build with materials support added to the first post. Though for some skeletal meshes not all materials are applied properly, but that build shouldn't crash on any of them.
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 07:52 »

Specific build with materials support added to the first post. Though for some skeletal meshes not all materials are applied properly, but that build shouldn't crash on any of them.
Im getting OodleLZ decompression errors with this build.
Code:
appDecompressOodle <- appDecompress: CompSize=2553 UncompSize=4843 Flags=0xFD Bytes=8C06 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/SanAndreas/Characters/Player/SK_torso.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader: /Game/SanAndreas/Characters/Player/SK_torso.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/SanAndreas/Characters/Player/SK_torso.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/SanAndreas/Characters/Player/SK_torso.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 15:41 »

@CosmicDreams: My bad, I've only checked initial PC version, which was using zlib compression. Apparently switch version is using oodle compression from the start (and latest PC versions as well). I've updated specific build, it should work fine now with all versions.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 10:36 »

For materials use specific umodel build (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

You can attach this file to your message so that it doesn't go missing. Most often, files uploaded to third-party services are very often deleted and disappear without a trace.

MARK2580
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 12:54 »

I'm clearing attachments from time to time, so it's not reliable. I can split the thread, so the very first message will belong to spiritovod, and he'll be able to place and update link there.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 14:34 »

Actually it's because currently attachment size is limited to 512KB and latest builds are exceeding it even in compressed form. Also, I'm using personal google account for such uploads, so unless google will stop providing service to end users, they are fine.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 17:58 »

OK, let it remain as it is

MARK2580
LONBEK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 16:08 »

Wassup team, I need some help, I tried to export the San Andreas Definitive Edition map, but a lot of files can't export, I would like to know if it's possible to export all the map or not. It's been a long time that I'm on that shit, I really need some help please
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 01:29 »

Wassup team, I need some help, I tried to export the San Andreas Definitive Edition map, but a lot of files can't export, I would like to know if it's possible to export all the map or not. It's been a long time that I'm on that shit, I really need some help please
There is no way to get maps from UE4. Anyway, they are no different from the originals, use them.

MARK2580
xyzaf

View Profile
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 14:51 »

Hi,

im new here. I did some game leaking in the past, but that was long time before AES and stuff like encryption. Now I'm trying to export Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition with UE-Viewer but I always keep getting the same error, something like: Pakage <pakage name> wrong, call stack <some very long description>. Someone know to fix it?

Additional information:
-The game doesn't need an AES Key too get decrypted Smiley
-there is an old post (https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7993.0.html), but there is no way given to fix it

Exact error message:
Package "/Game/SanAndreas/Maps/SAWorld/MI_SAWorld_VoxelGlow.uasset": wrong name index -254
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=0000061E <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- CTypeInfo::ReadUnrealProperty: (UMaterialInstanceConstant.ScalarParameterValues, Type=9, Size=218, TagPos=5B8) <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- LoadObject: MaterialInstanceConstant'MI_SAWorld_VoxelGlow.MI_SAWorld_VoxelGlow', pos=61E, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.27 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/SanAndreas/Maps/SAWorld/MI_SAWorld_VoxelGlow.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1587

My Settings:
Overmide Game detection: UE 4.27
View/export object types and export only types: presets/nothing changed
package compression and platform: auto
Also tried other UE4 versions (overmide game detection) and other package compressions. Didn't help...

UE-Viewer Version: latest

btw sry for my bad English ;/
I hope someone can help me soon

xyzaf
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 15:09 »

@xyzaf: It was already explained in the first post that the game is using custom implementation for materials, so umodel is crashing on them. You need to either disable "texture" option at startup screen, which also disables materials - or use specific build, linked in the first post, with proper materials support.
xyzaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2022, 15:36 »

sry, i just didn't saw the link
xyzaf

View Profile
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition (
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 19:08 »

Now with the GTA-Triology UE-Viewer version I keep getting following error:

This StaticMesh doesn't have an index buffer
ConvertLod: lod=0 <- UStaticMesh4::ConvertMesh <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: StaticMesh4'SM_countrye_5_Proxy_SL.SM_countrye_5_Proxy_SL', pos=A61, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.26 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/SanAndreas/Maps/SAWorld/Country/countrye/LOD/SM_countrye_5_Proxy_SL.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1576 based

hope someone can help
xyzaf
Jump to: