Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Arkham City Materials.  (Read 130 times)
itsnotme_itsyou

View Profile
Arkham City Materials.
« on: December 25, 2021, 02:33 »

Hey everyone. So, the past few days, I've been trying to recreate aspects of Arkham City in UE4 (specifically Catwoman's materials and movement), but there are certain aspects that I don't understand.

For example, the _H map for the iris. I'm certain its purpose is to alter the colour of the iris, but I've no idea how to use it. My first guess was to use the RGB channels and multiply that by the iris colour values found in the material property files and while it appeared to do something close to what can be seen in-game, it wasn't exact and I knew I was doing something wrong. I've tried looking it up and finding an answer online but to no avail. Is it a height map to help control the depth of the iris? Is it meant to alter the colour? Both???

Other maps I've not fully grasped yet are the _SP maps. I initially thought they were meant to help control the tightness of the specularity for certain parts of the material but again, like the iris, I'm not 100% sure. Parts of the material were insanely glossy too, so that kind of threw me off. The other thing I'm stuck on, is how to use the root motion to control movement speed. Every time I enable "root motion" in UE4, the animation starts to wobble from side to side and/or moves upwards/downwards. I've heard the reason for why this happens, but does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 16:17 by itsnotme_itsyou » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
Re: Arkham City Materials.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 11:35 »

This may be of use.

https://rre36.com/arkham-unreal/arkham-ue-2-unreal-engine

Blender + Linux User Here.
Jump to: