March 29, 2024, 01:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: .uasset.z files?  (Read 572 times)
dimi

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2022, 09:23 »

So I downloaded a mod from a workshop based on an Unreal Engine game, after downloading it the files are called .uasset.z and .uasset.z.uncompressed_size, I was just wondering how can I exactly open them. Umodel doesn't really work.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 16:48 »

@dimis9138: I suppose those assets are somehow compressed outside packages, so it's better to provide them for further investigation with the game name.
dimi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 11:46 »

@dimis9138: I suppose those assets are somehow compressed outside packages, so it's better to provide them for further investigation with the game name.

Here is a sample of the .uasset.z file.

https://mega.nz/file/Nw4SACrT#Py3oPAeQ0_k87zjvhEElUio0TTX3gTrxYZ5iZFMVDLE

Game is called ATLAS.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 15:21 »

Those are usual uassets, just compressed. You can extract them with offzip (from here), for example - simply run "offzip -a input_uasset.z C:\Output_Dir". They may be not compatible with umodel, because of content (umodel only supports certain assets types).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 15:23 by spiritovod » Logged
dimi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 11:04 »

Those are usual uassets, just compressed. You can extract them with offzip (from here), for example - simply run "offzip -a input_uasset.z C:\Output_Dir". They may be not compatible with umodel, because of content (umodel only supports certain assets types).

Any idea how I could go about reading these files?

Getting this error with UMODEL: FFileReader::Serialize: File=00000060.uasset <- FString<< <- Name: 1811 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage: 00000060.uasset, ver=410/10, game=ark <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): 00000060.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1376

Specifically talking about the blueprint ones, not the models/textures.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 11:11 by dimi » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 11:48 »

Initially you said:
Game is called ATLAS.

But now using
game=ark

Review your settings!
dimi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 16:36 »

Initially you said:
Game is called ATLAS.

But now using
game=ark

Review your settings!

You are right, I think I opened it with ARK's preset with uModel because they are by the same company and the game is a copy paste of ARK so was hoping maybe I'd get lucky but now getting the same p much:

FFileReader::Serialize: File=00000060.uasset <- FString<< <- Name: 1811 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage: 00000060.uasset, ver=410/10, game=ue4.5 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): 00000060.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1376

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 17:31 »

Actually the game is still fully supported with Ark override, umodel wise.

@dimi: umodel only support meshes/textures/animations and some audio assets. Blueprints, data tables and the rest are not supported. Usually I would suggest using fmodel, but the game is using customized format for assets, so it will not work here.
dimi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 09:45 »

Actually the game is still fully supported with Ark override, umodel wise.

@dimi: umodel only support meshes/textures/animations and some audio assets. Blueprints, data tables and the rest are not supported. Usually I would suggest using fmodel, but the game is using customized format for assets, so it will not work here.

I tried using fmodel in general with it and selecting it but it didn't really detect the files at all. Guess it's a RIP situation, thanks spirito.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: