March 28, 2024, 15:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Train Sim World 2 Textures  (Read 170 times)
Glen85

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2022, 00:53 »

Hello Gildor!

I've done a search but not found anything conclusive. I'm hoping to export scenery objects from Train Sim World 2 into Blender. The models seem to be working fine, but no matter what options in UE Viewer I choose, I can't seem to export any of the textures. Everything looks fine in UE Viewer, so it's loading the textures, it just doesn't seem to want to export them with the meshes.

Also, this might be a bug or a feature, but I am only able to see one mesh at a time in UE Viewer, even when I select multiple, is this correct, or am I don't something wrong?

Thank you very much indeed.

Glen
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 17:54 »

Hi. Sorry to bump but it has been a while. Can anyone offer some advice please? Many thanks.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 22:11 »

@Glen85: If you can see textured mesh in umodel, it would be exported with all related textures. Blender can't assign textures automatically though, if you export to psk, you need to do it by yourself according to materials properties (available in separate files upon export and in umodel by pressing "M" in the viewer). There is also ActorX importer script for 3dx max at respective site section, which can assign exported materials and textures to meshes. Alternatively, you can export to gltf, in that case some textures would be already applied (it depends though, can't tell about this particular case).
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 21:14 »

Thanks for the reply. It's odd, because Umodel displays the meshes with textures, but on exporting, I can't find any texture files to point Blender to.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 05:45 »

@Glen85: I own base game in EGS and any mesh with actual textures is exported will all related textures just fine, either to tga or dds. It's recommended to export to psk + tga though, this is preferred scheme.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:58 by spiritovod » Logged
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 20:33 »

Thank you very much for that. I've had a fiddle and managed to get a section of station tunnel out as a test and it appears that texture files are also there. Is there an easy to follow tutorial video on doing this? I'm completely new to all of it, the UE viewer, Blender, all of it. All I know how to use is AC3D, which is ancient technology. I still can't quite get to grips with navigation within Blender. Ideally, Blender would just be a kind of middle man, just a way to convert files so I can get them into AC3D and then compile them together to make a scene. You could probably blame my having autism, but over the last few years, I've noticed my ability to retain information learned about things has diminished to a point where I am pretty much completely incapable of learning to use new software. I constantly have to look back at tutorial videos and copy exactly what they are doing in order to achieve the simplest of goals these days, I don't know why, but it is incredibly frustrating. So with that said, I really need my hand holding through the whole process.
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 23:34 »

Hey, it's ok, I've worked out a method which I've followed repeatedly and had consistent results from. Sadly, some objects are positioned centrally and so will need to be placed manually into the scenes, but that shouldn't be too much of a hardship really, in the grand scheme of things.

Just one question: Where can I find the rolling stock? I did manage to find it once, but I can't for the life of me now, lol!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 18:03 »

@Glen85: If you have enough RAM, you can add the whole subfolder(s) to viewer via append option in context menu, then enable "include meshes" option in the viewer and scroll through all loaded from the folder meshes - if you disable textures at startup screen or enable materials mode in the viewer, it would be even faster. This way it's possible to find stuff relatively fast.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 18:27 by spiritovod » Logged
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 20:18 »

That's brilliant, thank you very much indeed! I've loaded most of the station objects and converted them, I just need to find the track sections, then I'll have a look for rolling stock.
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 19:59 »

Hi again.

Ok, so I'm having a new issue, but I figured I'd try keeping it in this topic for now to avoid cluttering the place up. Whenever I try to load rolling stock, it crashes with something similar to this message. I've been able to save the package and have tried a few different things, such as taking it out of the file structure and all sorts, but either opening or exporting the package file(s) cause this issue. This appears to happen with all rolling stock across both TSW2 and now TSW3. Any ideas? Cheers.

Serializing behind stopper (207534F+4000200 > 42FB568)
FFileReader::Serialize: File=SK_DSN_BR_Class08.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 1/5 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_DSN_BR_Class08.SK_DSN_BR_Class08', pos=2077A91, ver=522/5, game=ue4.27 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: SK_DSN_BR_Class08.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1587
Glen85

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 21:04 »

Hi again. Please don't worry about the last post, I've sort of found a workaround, but it's extremely complicated. It seems the developers are using different versions of UE for different parts of the same vehicle or something... it's a total headache, but I might be able to work through it.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 22:52 »

Both TSW2 and TSW3 are still on 4.26 from what I see, while you're trying to open them with 4.27, which may cause various errors. It's also possible that you're trying to open folder with paks from different versions/games combined or with mods applied, which is highly not recommended due to how umodel handles internal file structure of packages in its scope.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: