March 29, 2024, 10:53
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: BnS Extraction Fails  (Read 671 times)
Maurith

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2022, 15:16 »

Hello, I used your tool on Blade and Soul (w/ the correct AES Key) and it worked very well, but they just updated the game and now it crashes umodel every time I try to extract anything.. even stuff I had already extracted before. Here's the Error message it gives:

Package "col1.uasset": wrong name index 751360
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=000016B3 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- LoadObject: MaterialInstanceConstant'col1.col1', pos=16B3, ver=518/0, game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Art/Character/Cloth/60079-$$$/GonF/mesh/60079_GonF.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1587

Any help would be great Smiley Thanks
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 16:18 »

@Maurith: There are a lot of different game versions, including those from different regions. You need to at least specify which one you have problems with and check existing topics for possible solutions.
Maurith

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 22:02 »

I suppose that might help, sorry. PC version of Blade and Soul Complete for NA. The game version is well, the one that just dropped yesterday so the newest. The AES Key still worked for decryption and umodel will still display display the contents of the pak file, but if I try to viewer or extract it crashes.

I did look thru all the posts last night and I did see one that had an issue like mine, but it was a long time ago. The solution was to use a newer version of Umodel, but I am using the newest one currently.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 03:23 »

@Maurith: I couldn't reproduce the issue on latest NA version from official launcher, the mentioned mesh can be previewed and exported just fine, along with linked assets. Maybe you have corrupted package(s) - NC launcher is kind of garbage and it can produce broken packages upon updating under certain circumstances and unstable connection. Also, in case if you didn't do it yet, try to use 64-bit build of umodel, it may help to avoid some issues with batch export operations.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 04:11 by spiritovod » Logged
Maurith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 06:23 »

@Spiritovod : Thanks for trying and ye, I did try both versions.. I'll just delete the game and try a fresh install. My messing with the paks before the update could have done something to them too... Side note, I also kind of read your "Super People" post and tried that method with quickbms, it extracted the files (my poor HDD Cried), but the textures were kinda messed up a bit. But yea, thanks for the assist! I'll give a fresh install a try.
Maurith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 07:59 »

Still getting the same issue, tried fresh install of the game 2 times and the new updated version of Umodel.. Works for other games, just not Blade and Soul Sad No matter what i try to "view" or export it keeps giving "Wrong Name Index"

Package "col1.uasset": wrong name index 751360
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=000016B3 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- LoadObject: MaterialInstanceConstant'col1.col1', pos=16B3, ver=518/0, game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Art/Character/Cloth/18003-$$$$$$/GonF/Mesh/18003_GonF.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1588
Maurith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 05:53 »

Gets odder... If I drag and Drop a .pak onto the umodel exe, it works just fine.  Shocked
WollieWoltaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 18:54 »

I have the same issue, same error message!
I tried a lot of monster models , and all result in the same error using the latest version of Umodel. I even tried other custom Umodels but all throw out the same error.

And yes when you drag & drop a .PAK file onto Umodel.exe, it works like intended!

Verry strange indeed...

@Spiritovod
Should we provide some files to check or?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 19:06 by WollieWoltaz » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 22:10 »

I'm not willing to re-download 60GB again to find out that everything works on my side. You can try to figure out problem package by putting them into separate folder one by one and then open that folder in umodel. If the same issue can be reproduced with any single package like that, you can submit it for tests. Otherwise contact NCSoft and ask them to fix their launcher or move the game to Purple.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: