March 29, 2024, 11:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Outlast Trials  (Read 2447 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2022, 02:43 »

Game: The Outlast Trials (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.27
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Use specific umodel build from this topic with game specific override.

Update: Starting from early access versions, the game is using customized package format. Updated specific build supports it directly, but you can also extract everything with respective quickbms script from specific script bundle, available in the same topic with keys. For more info read sticked topic.

Update 2: Specific build is updated to support static meshes in latest game versions. For old game versions you can open static meshes with generic 4.27 override in the same build.  
Update 3: Specific build is updated to support skeletal meshes in latest game versions.

* Clipboard01.jpg (120.08 KB, 2544x1229 - viewed 959 times.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 19:32 by spiritovod » Logged
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 02:17 »

Outlast Trials Early Access is out now. Seems to be the same engine version as Closed Beta. For some reason, UModel doesn't identify the game .pak file.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 02:19 by Arty » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 04:22 »

Respective build is updated with support for customized package format they're using now. First post is updated accordingly.
kboykboy2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 04:31 »

Made a tool to fix custom paks for the game (just updates the magic), any chance you want to share the mesh changes you made? haha, if you still remember, i know you did the mesh changes awhile ago
kboykboy2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 22:21 »

Made a tool to fix custom paks for the game (just updates the magic), any chance you want to share the mesh changes you made? haha, if you still remember, i know you did the mesh changes awhile ago
Nevermind I got it figured out, looks like 1 byte added at the end of the serialize function for FSkelMeshRenderSection and 1 byte added to the end of the USkeletalMesh::Serialize function
z82580609

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 19:34 »

i just made my first Mod for The Outlast Trials. Everything works well until i opening the game. It seems like the game don't load my Mod at all. I cooked the asset in UE4 with follows Crypto.ini:
[/Script/CryptoKeys.CryptoKeysSettings]
EncryptionKey=YT6S4PPOiA/GUuyGJU4lgRJq6G1jukZVD7LODsLtpDk=
bEncryptPakIniFiles=True
bEncryptPakIndex=True
bEncryptUAssetFiles=False
bEncryptAllAssetFiles=False
SigningPublicExponent=
SigningModulus=
SigningPrivateExponent=
bEnablePakSigning=False

My mod is placed in D:\f-spiel\Steam\steamapps\common\The Outlast Trials\OPP\Content\Paks, where the original game pak located at. I also tried to create a new ~mods folder and put my Mod in it. But nothing happens(i can still delete my Mod while the game is running). Any ideas about it? I'm a new mod-maker, the question might be foolish, but i'm really trying to make my first mod out.
z82580609

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 02:05 »

By the way, here i post my cmd Command for running UnrealPak.exe:
UnrealPak.exe "D:\e-software\Programiereung\Unreal\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4PAK\My.pak" -create="D:\e-software\Programiereung\Unreal\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4PAK\PAK-filelist.txt" -encrypt -encryptindex -aes=YT6S4PPOiA/GUuyGJU4lgRJq6G1jukZVD7LODsLtpDk= -compress
LogConsoleManager: Warning: Console object named 'pak.TestRegisterEncryptionKey' already exists but is being registered again, but we weren't expected it to be! (FConsoleManager::AddConsoleObject)
LogConsoleManager: Warning: Console object named 'ForceDecompressionFails' already exists but is being registered again, but we weren't expected it to be! (FConsoleManager::AddConsoleObject)
LogConsoleManager: Warning: Console object named 'MappedFileTest' already exists but is being registered again, but we weren't expected it to be! (FConsoleManager::AddConsoleObject)
LogConsoleManager: Warning: Console object named 'mmio.enable' already exists but is being registered again, but we weren't expected it to be! (FConsoleManager::AddConsoleObject)
LogInit: Display: Loading text-based GConfig....
LogPakFile: Display: Using command line for crypto configuration
LogPakFile: Warning: A legacy command line syntax is being used for crypto config. Please update to using the -cryptokey parameter as soon as possible as this mode is deprecated
LogPakFile: Warning: AES encryption key is more than 32 characters long, so will be truncated!
LogPakFile: Display: Parsed AES encryption key from command line.
LogPakFile: Warning: -compress is deprecated, use -compressed with UAT instead
LogPakFile: Display: Loading response file D:\e-software\Programiereung\Unreal\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4PAK\PAK-filelist.txt
LogPakFile: Display: Added 1 entries to add to pak file.
LogPakFile: Display: Collecting files to add to pak file...
LogPakFile: Display: Collected 3 files in 0.00s.
LogPakFile: Display: Creating pak ../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4PAK/My.pak.
LogPakFile: Display: Using encryption key 'Default' [00000000000000000000000000000000]
LogPakFile: Display: CompressionFormats in priority order: Zlib
LogDerivedDataCache: Display: Pak cache opened for reading ../../../Engine/DerivedDataCache/Compressed.ddp.
LogDerivedDataCache: Display: Performance to C:/Users/SkoyJoe/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache: Latency=0.00ms. RandomReadSpeed=999.00MBs, RandomWriteSpeed=999.00MBs. Assigned SpeedClass 'Local'
LogPakFile: Display: CompressionFormat 0 [Zlib] : 2 files, 22366 -> 8912 bytes
LogPakFile: Display: CompressionFormat 1 [None] : 1 files, 699 -> 699 bytes
LogPakFile: Display: Added 3 files, 10372 bytes total, time 0.29s.
LogPakFile: Display: PrimaryIndex size: 208 bytes
LogPakFile: Display: PathHashIndex size: 48 bytes
LogPakFile: Display: FullDirectoryIndex size: 80 bytes
LogPakFile: Display: Compression summary: 39.85% of original size. Compressed Size 8912 bytes, Original Size 22366 bytes.
LogPakFile: Display: Encryption - ENABLED
LogPakFile: Display:   Files: 3
LogPakFile: Display:   Index: Encrypted (208 bytes, 0.00MB)
LogPakFile: Display:   Total: 9952 bytes (0.01MB)
LogPakFile: Display: Unreal pak executed in 0.328243 seconds

As i can see, that the AES has a wrong string length. How can we get a right one? We have now AES for The Outlast Trial 0x613E92E0F3CE880FC652EC86254E2581126AE86D63BA46550FB2CE0EC2EDA439, it's length is 64(except'0x'), and i just convert it to base64 and got YT6S4PPOiA/GUuyGJU4lgRJq6G1jukZVD7LODsLtpDk=, it's length is 44. But in the log we can see, that it requires only 32 length. Emmmm, i have no idea now
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 05:09 »

@z82580609: Modding is out of scope of umodel and this forum. It's better to ask such things at some modding communities.
seridan7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 10:34 »

Update: Starting from early access versions, the game is using customized package format. Updated specific build supports it directly, but you can also extract everything with respective quickbms script from specific script bundle, available here.
Hitting the bundle in that link just gets "unable to deliver file." sad
Anyone mind posting the BMS script? No luck finding it hosted anywhere else.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 17:47 »

@seridan7: All quickbms scripts for UE games from zenhax are also available at rin (in the same topic with keys), you just need to be registered there to see attachments.
seridan7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 05:03 »

@spiritovod: Aha, thanks for being so on top of it! Good knowing those options.
rowbuilder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023, 12:35 »

Keep getting an SDL2.dll error when I try to view the Early Access assets, is there any way to fix this?
ForeveR2326

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 21:06 »

so now you have solved?
Krazze

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2023, 13:43 »

@spiritovod the current version is crashing for skeletal meshes, any chances to get an update?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2023, 14:09 »

@Krazze: For that someone will need to provide samples of a few non-working meshes here or via PM, they can be extracted as-is via "save packages" option in umodel.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: