Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dragon Quest Treasures  (Read 640 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Dragon Quest Treasures
« on: December 27, 2022, 22:11 »

Game: (steam page / eshop page)
UE4 version: 4.25

PC version works fine with latest umodel build (1590 at the moment). For Switch version use specific umodel build (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. If you're a newcomer, check this post before launching the build.

Switch version of the game is using frozen index package format, which is unsupported by umodel, and you need to extract assets first with native unrealpak tool, available in "alternative tools" section here.

* Clipboard01.jpg (94.87 KB, 2546x1240 - viewed 226 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 23:42 by spiritovod » Logged
einherjar007

View Profile
Re: [Switch] Dragon Quest Treasures
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 14:01 »

pak is not recognized by umodel, do I need to do something?
The pak appears to be compressed with zlib.

*Edit
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7903.0.html
There seems to be a bindexfrozen problem in the UE4.25 pak. The information in this thread may be a solution. I will give it a try.

*Edit2
UnrealPak pakchunk0-Switch.pak -Extract "unpack"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 15:10 by einherjar007 » Logged
JuanPerez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 14:52 »

This is a package with frozen index, How could I decrypt it? I'm new and I'm learning. Thank you very much
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 16:45 »

The thing about frozen index was explained in original OP, which was removed from the topic for some reason. I've updated first post with required info now, and also einherjar007 has already explained it as well.
JuanPerez

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 01:24 »

Thank you very much for the info
imbachoii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 06:20 »

Hello, can someone help me on what am I doing wrong? I've tried the guide from cs.rin.ru (Basic usage:unrealpak.exe "path-to-your.pak" -extract "output-folder") and the one that @einherjar007 did (UnrealPak pakchunk0-Switch.pak -Extract "unpack") but seem I'm still getting error. Thank you in advance.

This is my first time using unrealpak.

* Screenshot 2024-02-15 101751.png (62.36 KB, 1099x387 - viewed 35 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest Treasures
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 22:47 »

@imbachoii: You need to use path to a pak file as first parameter, not path to the whole folder.
imbachoii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 12:43 »

Sould I transfer the pak file of the game into unrealpak directory? Can you give me the proper steps on what should I do and type? I can't seem to do it correctly. I'm sorry for this.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 18:25 »

@imbachoii: Aside from the mentioned issue - when you need to use "C:\Games...\Paks\pakchunk0-Switch.pak" instead of "C:\Games...\Paks" as first parameter - there shouldn't be other problems. If you still have any, it's either due to corrupted upon extraction from RomFS package or due to some kind of user error. In such cases it's not possible to guess anything.
imbachoii

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 04:49 »

Thank you very much now I fully understand the format.  Smiley
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 00:10 »

Since PC version is out for a while now, first post is updated with respective info. Support for Switch version is updated with fixes for TextureCube objects and now it's split into separate build instead of previous override option.

P.S. If someone wonders - due to the way how unversioned properties works in umodel, creating correct overrides for games using them is not possible when properties themselves are changed. Otherwise most things will overlap with any other override like this. Thus almost all such games are supported via separate builds, with a few exceptions where properties are not modified. 
Jump to: