March 28, 2024, 20:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: umodel crashes when I export pak content  (Read 160 times)
Frowny13

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2023, 07:33 »

Hey guys. I'm trying to use umodel to unpack a pak file. However when I go to export all the folder content, it crashes halfway through every time. Some kind of fatal error but it goes away too fast to read it. I found another method to extract all the stuff, but then when I use umodel to export a uasset file it just doesn't even do it. I tried a bunch of other methods to open up a uasset file to view it, but nothing works. Even the unreal editor is completely useless. I've had next to no luck with this. The pak file I'm trying to open up is TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-BPEAcela.pak which comes in the Train Sim World 3 Amtrak Acela add-on DLC. This is the first time I'm getting into extracting stuff from an unreal game. I'm trying to extract some files to use as reference for a mod I'm making for a different game.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 16:25 »

@Frowny13: If I remember correctly, both Train Sim World 2/3 are using the same 4.26 engine. You need to set respective override option at startup screen in umodel, because in some cases the game can be auto-detected as 4.27 one, while it's not.
Frowny13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 21:14 »

I did that and wow it finally worked, for the most part. I was able to extract a bunch of files, but still unable to extract any of the UASSET files. Can this program actually be used for opening UASSET files, or is it just used for extracting stuff from pak files?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 23:49 »

@Frowny13: umodel can export only supported types, such as meshes, textures and animations. Other types like data tables or blueprints are not supported, even though you can see them in the list. Check some tutorials on basic umodel usage, including recommended one from tutorials section, for how you can scan and sort supported assets in a package and do stuff with them.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: