Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Umodel build with additive animation support  (Read 1121 times)
Richtoveen

View Profile
Umodel build with additive animation support
« on: March 13, 2023, 17:50 »

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to share a new build that adds support for additive animations in UModel and UEViewer. After seeing the recent success of the CUE4Parse repository maintainers in implementing additive animations, I decided to port it over here.

With this addition, you can now preview and export as (.psa) animations with additives baked into it. like fire animations for games , movement animations and such.

I have personally tested this with Valorant and its working fine.

(PSA: If your game requires a custom build to open skeletal meshes or animations, this most likely won't work.. Since these custom builds going around are all close-sourced (god knows why))

Source code:

https://github.com/djhaled/UEViewer/tree/main

release .exe:

https://github.com/djhaled/UEViewer/releases/tag/release-addi

* city.png (80.62 KB, 1593x646 - viewed 227 times.)
XenDea

View Profile
Re: Umodel build with additive animation support
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 21:51 »

Hello, I tried viewing some Remnant From The Ashes animations using this build you made, but it gave me this error.

Memory: bad allocation size 830144513 bytes
appMalloc: size=830144513 (total=406 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 830144513 x 1 <- FString<< <- UAnimSequence4::SerializeCompressedData <- UAnimSequence4::Serialize <- LoadObject: AnimSequence4'Bo_FindCrystal_Base_0E5E_BoWard.Bo_FindCrystal_Base_0E5E_BoWard', pos=30C1, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.22 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Campaign_Clementine/Quests/Intro/Animations/Bo_FindCrystal_Base_0E5E_BoWard.uasset <- Load: 0/1962 <- CSkelMeshViewer::FindUE4Animations <- CSkelMeshViewer::AttachAnimSet <- CSkelMeshViewer::ProcessKey <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=80000061, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1628-djhaled

Oddly enough, I can view the non-additive animations using the acl 1.3 umodel build that is on this site, but not the additive ones, which is what I hoped I could do with your tool. Any idea on how to fix said issue? Thanks!

Kindly, XenDea
JUGGERNUT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 22:25 »

Currently it does not work for Gears Judgement.  I can preview the model but trying to play animations does not work, the timeline will play but the mesh won't animate be it normal or additive animations.  Also attempting to export animations results in an error.

assertion failed: keysCount == 0

Keys <- DoExportPsa <- ExportObject: AnimSet'Baked_Breacher_Cine_Anims_0' <- ExportObject: SkeletalMesh3'LOC_Breacher' <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- CUmodelApp::WndProc <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1628-djhaled13168

* CrashyCrash.png (106.06 KB, 798x652 - viewed 918 times.)
tuhaoge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 19:40 »

Endless calamity 应该怎么提取?
Jump to: