Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Request: Export Skeletal Mesh with Alt. Bone Weighting of any LOD  (Read 356 times)
JUGGERNUT

View Profile
Request: Export Skeletal Mesh with Alt. Bone Weighting of any LOD
« on: April 03, 2023, 22:00 »

Long story short I've tried to take a shot at exporting the Alt. Bone Weighting / Mesh Weights / Bone Break Vert Weights / ExtraInfluence.Bones.InfluenceBones+ExtraInfluence.Weights.InfluenceWeights .... and failed.

If you don't know what I'm talking about:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/AnimSetEditorUserGuide.html#Alt.%20Bone%20Weighting%20Edit%20Mode%20(Bone%20Influence%20Editing)

"To set this up, artists first create multiple meshes in the DCT, one with the bone influences during normal movement and another with all appropriate limbs or mesh sections weighted differently to support separation from the main body."

I want a way to export the mesh, in the case of Gears Judgement, they use LOD 1 as the gore mesh on things like the Rager/LOC_Breacher.

And Umodel can do that part just fine.

BUT currently I can't export LOD 1 Mesh with the different mesh weights the package stores in the skeletal mesh object (I'm 100% positive it's stored in there).

I had looked at some of the source code of umodel but I can't figure out how to tell it to grab some sort of FVertexInfluence "FSkinVertexMeta.ExtraInfluence" property stored in the package and export out a mesh with those different bones and weights.

* LOC_Breacher_LOD1.png (181.27 KB, 830x646 - viewed 286 times.)
JUGGERNUT

View Profile
Export Skeletal Mesh with Alt. Bone Weighting of any LOD
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 23:09 »

Gildor, I'd still really like to know how to do this....
Jump to: