Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: What game to pick?  (Read 1829 times)
VaeViktis

View Profile
What game to pick?
« on: August 29, 2011, 08:17 »

Out of all the games Umodel & ActorX Importer work with, Which game (if any) might have Good evasive and acrobatic maneuver Animations as well as basic run and gun stuff? It looks like I will have to rig my models to the skeletons in order to use the animations. I wanted to use mirrors edge and some stuff from other games since there isn't much combat in mirrors edge.

Anyways, I was really hoping the skeleton, and animations would be as simply replicated by CAT ( Character Animation Toolkit) as biped, & standard bvh mocap animations are, but no luck so far. No tutorials out there covering it either. It may just be a matter of renaming the bones but I'm too noob to get very far in experimenting with that.

I just want to be able to make a decent moving demo of the game I am working on so I might be able to eventually interest enough individuals with the demo, and get a team going on it, so if anyone knows of any Unreal Engine games that might help, or correct method of assigning animations to CAT rigs, feel free to list them off.
The Unreal Engine games I currently have mirrors edge, and Hunted, and The Last Remnant, all PC.
Jump to: