March 29, 2024, 15:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help with game translation  (Read 59900 times)
Rapid

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 23:37 »

Hi!
I'm translating the Batman game, but some of dialogue's texts in the archives. Anyone have any tool to unpack/pack the text files from/to the archives? Unfortunately not every subtitles are in the .int files.
Pls help!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:28 »

I'm translating the Batman game, but some of dialogue's texts in the archives. Anyone have any tool to unpack/pack the text files from/to the archives? Unfortunately not every subtitles are in the .int files.
Possibly the subtitles are inside game packages. In that case there is a very low probability to translate this game without using original Unreal Engine tools. You can extract something, but you cannot modify the compressed UE3 packages.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:21 »

I have recompiled the package extractor with Batman support.
May be this will help you.
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 13:02 »

Thanx!
I'll try.
Gocha
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 13:43 »

Very Gretfull thanks to you guys! So so nice to translate these games, and where is talk about it i've to be there!

I hope u always remember to support such thing to unpack font textures and file in which is written coord for each characters on the map
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:14 »

I can extract the .upk files with the extractor, but the subtitles are in the audio files. Or need a second extractor program or something to extract the audio and subtitle from the extracted files.
I'm reading the official UE3 documentation, and I found a command (DumpInt), what can extract the .int files from the packages. Anyone knows where can I get this program? This is a commandlet to the ucc.exe and exists a separate dumpint program too.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/LocalizationReference.html#DumpInt

Can anyone help me in this? Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 15:49 »

You have read the documentation for UE2. You need UE3.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 15:48 by esr911 » Logged
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 17:45 »

Ups! That's right.  Sad
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:11 »

I have a question: Smiley
Can you make a packer program to repack the unpacked datas?
I can unpack the batman's .upk files with the unpacker, and I found the subtitles. But I cannot place it back to the game. Please, somebody help me! Cheesy
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 14:15 »

No, you can't pack it back (at least now).
What other data placed in the same (unpacked) package? May be it is possible to recreate this package using UE3 editor tools?
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 14:47 »

No other datas in the packages, what I want to repack, just the audio files with subtitles. For my sorry, the subtitles in the audio files, and I cannot unpack the subtitles from the files, just edit with hexeditor.
I was uploaded an unpacked file to here: http://inczezoltan.fw.hu/Game_over_Ivy_02.SoundNodeWave
Maybe you can take a look at it.
What kind of UE3 tools do you talking about? And where can I get it? Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 14:51 by Rapid » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 16:38 »

I'm talking about UT3's UnrealEd (launched with command line "ut3.exe editor").
Batman should be compatible with packages created for UT3. All you need is find a correct way to perform game localization. Most (or all?) unreal-based games can be localized without modifying original packages.
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 17:13 »

Unfortunately, not most of all. The UE3 games just rarely translatable at 100%. Not all subtitles (most of in-game subtitles) are not in the .int or any other language files. That's my problem.  Cry
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 17:43 »

Most localization things are made with replacing INT files with a locale-specific files. This type of localization will require localized fonts only. You should find all *_LOC_INT.upk files and make own localized version (for example *_LOC_RUS.upk) of resources. Texts are usually inside *.INT (*.RUS) files, sounds and textures are inside *_LOC_INT.upk ...
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 18:46 »

Thanks to the example. I know what files I need to unpack-localize-repack, but I can unpack only. I cannot translate the unpacked subtitles, because all are in the same file than the sound. Maybe with hexeditor, but because of the different long of the text, it's not possible. And I cannot repack it either.

And I repeat, not all subtitle in the .int files. Just the menu, and environments. The in-game subtitles in the .upk files.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 18:48 by Rapid » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: