March 19, 2024, 07:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tales of Arise  (Read 41718 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2021, 19:41 »

Game: Tales of Arise (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.20
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1571 at the moment). All characters' and some other materials are custom.

-----------------------------------------------

For viewing custom materials use specific build (link, updated) - it will require game specific override option for every supported game (Unreal engine 4 -> Game Name). If you're a newcomer, check this post before launching the build. Currently only diffuse and normal maps improvements are supported. It doesn't affect export in any way, but for more convenient previewing image in the viewer and actual export may differ for some games (export will be the same as in official builds, like intended by games).

Notes and known issues for included UE5 build are available in this topic. Both included builds can export vertex normals to psk thanks to floxay (more info here) and usual "materials" build can also export morph targets to gltf thanks to oscateexor.

This build currently supports the following games: Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier, The Idolmaster: Starlit Season, Blue Protocol, The Walking Dead Onslaught, Psychonauts 2, Blade & Soul 2, eFootball 2022, Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions, Path of Titans, Will To Live Online, The Caligula Effect 2, It Takes Two, Fracked, Hyper Front, Ready or Not, The King of Fighters XV, Shadow Warrior 3 / Trek to Yomi / Evil West, Chocobo GP, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Just Cause: Mobile, Tower of Fantasy, The Machines Arena, Dungeon Defenders series (UE4 games only), The Quarry, The Dark Pictures Anthology (Man of Medan / Little Hope / House of Ashes / Devil in Me), Uncharted Waters Origin, DNF Duel, Wuthering Waves, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, XCOM: Chimera Squad, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Summoners Kingdom, Stray, Thymesia, Divine Knockout, Zhu Xian World, Rogue Company, Crystal of Atlan, Mons Land, Grounded, Deathverse: Let it Die, Calabiyau, Battlefield Mobile, Hyenas, The Division Resurgence, Star Wars: Hunters, Killing Floor 2, Dragon Quest Treasures, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, One Piece Odyssey, M.A.R.S., Century: Age of Ashes, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, Hi-Fi Rush, Blood Bowl 3, Kingdom Hearts III, Racing Master, Contra Tournament, Need for Speed Mobile, Stargate SG-1: The Alliance, Stargate Worlds, Outlast 2, Torchlight: Infinite, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (1-4 games), Witchfire, EA Sports WRC, Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising, State of Decay 2, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Throne and Liberty, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Destruction AllStars, Men of Valor, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 / Earned in Blood

* Clipboard01.jpg (117.73 KB, 2552x1243 - viewed 2254 times.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 21:26 by spiritovod » Logged
raziel2001au

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 13:37 »

Thanks for this, it's exactly what I was looking for. I do find them using 4.20 a little strange given that PS5/Series X initial support only got added in 4.25, but I guess it is what it is.
temsame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 14:39 »

too bad texture wont load on models , big waste of time Sad
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 23:10 »

Specific build for viewing custom materials added to the first post. Note that it's not totally correct representation of them, but it's more convenient than just gray colors.
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 00:48 »

Specific build for viewing custom materials added to the first post. Note that it's not totally correct representation of them, but it's more convenient than just gray colors.
Is there a command line way to load this game with the specific override needed for the custom build? i use batch scripts to load different games
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 01:12 »

@CosmicDreams: Yes, you can do it with "-game=tag" argument, see available tags with "-taglist".
incantagames

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 08:40 »

For viewing custom materials use specific build (link, updated) - it will require game specific override option for every supported game (Unreal engine 4 -> Game Name).

@spiritovod is there source available for your modified build? I'm trying to support a game I packaged myself with UE5 EA2 to recover a lost asset (because I didn't use version control for this project for some reason), but this build is giving me an error when trying to load the project:

ERROR: Unable to locate chunk of type 5
FIOStoreFileSystem::CreateReaderForChunk <- FIOStoreFileSystem::LoadGlobalContainer <- TokArchive <- RegisterGameFile: C:\Users\seese\Downloads\MissionMonster-v3\MissionMonster/GilbertTheGourd/Content/Paks/GilbertTheGourd-Windows.pak <- ScanGameDirectory <- ReadDir <- ScanGameDirectory <- ReadDir <- ScanGameDirectory <- ReadDir <- ScanGameDirectory <- appSetRootDirectory: dir=C:\Users\seese\Downloads\MissionMonster-v3\MissionMonster <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based fix19

I'm using the umodel_materials_ue5.exe executable, Unreal engine 4 in the first drop down for game detection, and Unreal engine 5 (early access) in the second drop down. The error shows up before UModel finishes loading.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 08:44 by incantagames » Logged
onlyprinzp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 11:59 »

Hey I am not able to download the build from your link, it always tells me "link not found" when clicking the download button on google drive. Can you reupload please?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 12:57 »

@onlyprinzp: It's temporary issue due to google's spam system false triggered on some old file on the drive. Everything is already solved, and restrictions will be lifted within a day, which means all links will be available again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: All my google drive links are available again, including those in other topics.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 22:09 by spiritovod » Logged
vandaa95

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2023, 04:06 »

What did i do wrong?
I use the specific build that are in the description. But some meshes are missing i don't know why and there are no animations.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2023, 15:52 »

@vandaa95: I guess some characters/skin meshes consists of more than one body part - you can check if there is an actual mesh section there by switching to materials mode (press "M") and disabling shaders (Ctrl+G). Also some materials are not supported, especially runtime ones, which affects rendering.

Updated this part:
As for animations, most of them are linked to skeletons from dummy "bone" meshes. After adding required meshes to the list, including "bone" one, switch to "bone" mesh and use animation search or append animations manually. Though if I remember correctly, in case of some cosmetic skins it may not work due to additional retargeting - in such cases you can only export animations separately via different meshes and apply them manually in blender or something. Check attached screenshot from the first post for reference.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 06:03 by spiritovod » Logged
vandaa95

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 18:14 »

Yes, thank you. Material mode works. But the animations still not. I don't know what is the problem.
When i press Ctrl+A i saw the "Finding Animation" window pops up and start to load, but closes and still nothing.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 06:03 »

@vandaa95: I forgot it was actually other way around - "preview" and "body" meshes are normal ones, while dummy "bone" mesh is used for animations and retargeting. I've updated my post above and screenshot in the first post, both should be less confusing now.
Also, it seems you're using generic engine version instead of game specific override, like suggested in the first post, that's why some part of the mesh is not rendered properly.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 22:43 »

Please don't report any issues with other games here, only for the one mentioned in the title (Tales of Arise). For other games use their own topics with the mention of specific build from here.

Link in the first post can be in the process of updating at any given time. It may not be accessible for a few hours, if for some reason in an update something was broken (compared to previous builds) and it should be fixed - in such cases link will be temporarily removed. Only report invalid link if it's not accessible more than a day.

All posts related to the mentioned cases will be removed from this topic from now on. Thanks for your understanding.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: