March 29, 2024, 03:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [solved]psk extraction from utx - still don't get it  (Read 10695 times)
s0cket

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2011, 01:21 »

So I've tried to extract female dwarf package(utx) with following command
Code:
umodel -export fdwarf.utx
(tried without extension too). Umodel is  placed in systextures directory, so I didn't specify path. After it extracted files in fdwarf folder, I couldn't find psk packages in the folder, only mat and tga files. I know that they're in the utx, as it can be seen here:

and I couldn't extract them by right clicking because of the error that is shown there. Any help?
I just tried using a -list instead of -export in the command line and couldn't find Package files, which confused me even more  Huh?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:40 by s0cket » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 01:27 »

utx contains only textures and materials. For meshes check ukx files.
s0cket

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:39 »

Finally, thank you! I think I will be writing a proper guide/documentation(wiki even?) thingy, because it took me about half an hour to even get the idea what to look for and what tools I needed.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 13:04 »

isn't the .utx inside the texture folder inside lineage2 install dir? You shouldn't even be in that folder and browsing dude Smiley I think all ukx files are in...animations!? folder Wink

I don't know how much guide is needed because most of the model archives are .ukx, that is just a fact that most know. Then there are some games who renamed them to something else and some games need a suffix game=blah to work.

But in general .ukx is always the ones to open Wink

But nice that you finally worked it out
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: