Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Detecting .u files in xbox 360 games  (Read 3419 times)
JohnHudeski

View Profile
Detecting .u files in xbox 360 games
« on: January 23, 2012, 17:41 »

Often in non pc games everythin is .xxx . I dont even know if the also get different compression. As a programmer i am more interested in the scripts. EG new unreal engine has Human IK , udk doesnt. Arkham city got released if i can find the scripts they used to extend the node then the feature can be reproduced.

Has anyone ever been able to decompile xbox 360 or iphone scripts? The engine.xx and core.xxx always work.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 17:44 by avok23 » Logged
Headshot
Sponsor

View Profile
Re: Detecting .u files in xbox 360 games
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 18:26 »

Often in non pc games everythin is .xxx . I dont even know if the also get different compression. As a programmer i am more interested in the scripts. EG new unreal engine has Human IK , udk doesnt. Arkham city got released if i can find the scripts they used to extend the node then the feature can be reproduced.

Has anyone ever been able to decompile xbox 360 or iphone scripts? The engine.xx and core.xxx always work.

You won't be really able to decompile any scripts easily that are cooked, mostly the text parts get stripped out, sure you could use something like unhood but it will need adjusting since it
does not work with newer ue3 engines, also humanik is implented into the native code just as how other middleware softwares are, scripts will be mostly useless, though i would suggest you go
check out red orchestra 2 it has humanik inbuilt and the editor is accessible
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 18:29 »

1. UDK has Inverse Kinematics
2. usually Unreal programmers implementing some parts of game (usually most complex) using C++ which will not be able to decompile to high-level language
3. there is only one good decompiler exists - UE Explorer (check the links page on my site); but there are few issues: 1) it is not available to public, 2) I'm not sure that it could decompile cooked or non-PC scripts
JohnHudeski

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 18:35 »

But HIK is 1 up from regular ik. It was just an example anyway. I managed to use unhood to extract AI classes from mirrors edge. Would have prefered player controls. But it seems you cant recompile.
Jump to: