March 29, 2024, 02:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3 audio extraction  (Read 7925 times)
adcurtin

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2012, 22:58 »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to extract the audio (in xma format for later conversion) from gears 3. I'm trying to get the stuff the characters say, some weapons sounds (like active reloading), and the cog tag pick up sound from campaign. Where should I look for these files? (like which files should I look in to extract them from?)

Cheers,
adcurtin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 23:21 »

Hi
read the FAQ, everything is there.
adcurtin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:07 »

I understand how to extract audio with umodel. I'm asking what files I should look in to find the audio I'm looking for. As in some weapon sounds are in geargame.xxx, but none of the character sayings are. I was wondering if anyone knows where those character sayings are.
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 21:00 »

Hi I need help even with the How To.

I think I need the UE Viewer but it says Extract downloaded archive contents to the directory, where game is installed

So can this only be used on PC games not xbox 360 games? Otherwise I don't know how to extract this to my Xbox - the place where the game is installed. I put the DVD in my laptop and I can't even see much on the disc.

I am also after extracting the voice clips.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 21:17 »

You should extract XBox360 ISO to any directory on PC and start umodel there as for PC game.
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 22:06 »

Thanks for the reply. OK so it is not where the game is installed.

I'm not being pedantic at all (if you think I am),  its just I know absolutely nothing about these things so every single word I read I take as something I must adhere to 100 percent to get through it successfully.  Wink

Could you recommend a program to give me the Xbox360 ISO for this game (Windows Vista) since there is nothing on your DL Page? I have PowerISO but I can't seem to do anything with it.  Huh?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 22:14 »

Sorry, I never did it by myself. But this forum definitely contains an answer, just use search (look for "xbox 360" or similar search).
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 23:01 »

OK And thanks for the work you have put in. Looks like you have a real following on here!  Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: