March 29, 2024, 16:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lineage 2 Textures question  (Read 7801 times)
Deneb

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2012, 16:18 »

Hi everyone, first time here  Wink

i recently discovered Umodel and i think this tool is really fantastic! I'm extracting some armor textures from Lineage 2 Freya client files and i see they follow this naming scheme

MFighter_m003_t64_b
MFighter --> Male human fighter
m003 --> Human mesh 003
t64 --> Texture set number (the armor set)
b --> Body part (in this case, boots)

so no problem here, they are pretty much self-explaining, they get exported as a standard TGA image and that's great  Cheesy

Some textures, however, have a "_sp" suffix (for example, MFighter_m003_t64_u_sp) and look very different from the other ones. If i load them in Milkshape 3D, for example, they look pretty much transparent but it's possible to select the "no alpha" option in the material's properties menu and they look ok: from what i can understand, the "_sp" textures are normally used in-game to make some light reflection effect.

If i use Paint.NET to remove the alpha channel, which i thought was the issue, i simply get a white image. Any suggestions? I would like to save them as "normal" textures

P.S.: i'm from Italy and my english may sound weird  Shocked
Deneb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 18:58 »

Hi all,

i'm posting this as it may be of some use by others with the same problem as mine: after some research i came across an old tool from nVidia's website

http://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools

This "Windows Texture Viewer" lets you correctly separate the alpha channel from the DDS file and get a clear view of the armor. It's not the best possible solution as there is no export functionality, but you can just grab a screenshot using the good old ALT+Print button from your keyboard, paste the texture in your favourite image editor and export as a standard 24 bit image  Grin
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: