March 29, 2024, 03:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Has anyone managed to add custom animation to L2 ?  (Read 25304 times)
TK-Master
« on: June 03, 2009, 23:12 »

hi,
i just discovered recently umodel .. very cool tool.. used it and i couldnt believe that u can actually see and export any model, texture, animation and static mesh from lineage 2.. thats awesome really.. now thing is is there any way after i make my own psk and psa files (or modify existing ones) to make it actually work back in l2 ? if im right l2 developers are using an unknown ue2d ... for example.. to make a custom utx (texture pack) u need to have exactly UnrealED 2226.19.03 version.. any other version and client will crash... and so i believe that version 2226.19.03 doesnt give same result for ukx files... i have give it a try by exporting psa and psk file from l2monsters.ukx or so.. imported them in unrealed without touching them.. export back to ukx.. edit npc.dat etc.. and nothing.. client will just crash.

so anyone have find a way?? all i have managed to add to l2 is static npc with no animation.. with a tool that converts obj to ukx (OAUKX).. i mean damn.. so close...  Roll Eyes
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 23:24 »

i just discovered recently umodel .. very cool tool.. used it and i couldnt believe that u can actually see and export any model, texture, animation and static mesh from lineage 2.. thats awesome really..
Thank you Smiley
imported them in unrealed without touching them.. export back to ukx.. edit npc.dat etc.. and nothing.. client will just crash.
There is no way to create ukx file for Lineage 2 using any awailable tool. I have created my own tool, which can convert package from one of available UnrealEd's to a format readable by Lineage. This tool is used by YeLL0w_$p1rIT, ТРАКТОР and Teoma (Russia), and cleodj (Brasil) to create custom ukx packages with animations.

There is a way to create ukx using UnrealEd from Postal 2, but it can import skeletal mesh only, no custom animations.

Here is a russian topic with the same theme.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 23:26 by gildor » Logged
TK-Master
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 23:40 »

i just discovered recently umodel .. very cool tool.. used it and i couldnt believe that u can actually see and export any model, texture, animation and static mesh from lineage 2.. thats awesome really..
Thank you Smiley
imported them in unrealed without touching them.. export back to ukx.. edit npc.dat etc.. and nothing.. client will just crash.
There is no way to create ukx file for Lineage 2 using any awailable tool. I have created my own tool, which can convert package from one of available UnrealEd's to a format readable by Lineage. This tool is used by YeLL0w_$p1rIT, ТРАКТОР and Teoma (Russia), and cleodj (Brasil) to create custom ukx packages with animations.

There is a way to create ukx using UnrealEd from Postal 2, but it can import skeletal mesh only, no custom animations.

Here is a russian topic with the same theme.

ehh so if i use unrealed from postal 2 i can create ukx that wont crash l2 ? but no custom animations? why is that dont get it  Undecided (postal's unrealed dosnt import psa at all?)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 23:45 »

Postal's SkeletalMesh is compatible with L2, but their animations are not.
TK-Master
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 23:54 »

ookay i see...  Lips Sealed that doesnt make any good for me  Tongue .. about your tool gildor.. i didnt understood one thing.. dont u give it to anyone else than the persons u mentioned?  Shocked
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 00:17 »

Code:
I have created my own tool, which can convert package from one of available UnrealEd's to a format readable by Lineage. This tool is used by [color=blue]YeLL0w_$p1rIT[/color], [color=blue]ТРАКТОР[/color] and [color=blue]Teoma[/color] (Russia), and [color=blue]cleodj[/color] (Brasil) to create custom ukx packages with animations.
i dont understand this.. where is that tool ?...
The Tool you can purchase - From gildor ! Just Pm Him for more Info !
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 00:19 by Teoma » Logged
TK-Master
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 00:24 »

Code:
I have created my own tool, which can convert package from one of available UnrealEd's to a format readable by Lineage. This tool is used by [color=blue]YeLL0w_$p1rIT[/color], [color=blue]ТРАКТОР[/color] and [color=blue]Teoma[/color] (Russia), and [color=blue]cleodj[/color] (Brasil) to create custom ukx packages with animations.
aha i see thanks.. so with this tool will i be able to create ukx with custom animations(readable with l2)Huh?
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 00:26 »

I have created my own tool, which can convert package from one of available UnrealEd's to a format readable by Lineage. This tool is used by YeLL0w_$p1rIT, ТРАКТОР and Teoma (Russia), and cleodj (Brasil) to create custom ukx packages with animations.
aha i see thanks.. so with this tool will i be able to create ukx with custom animations(readable with l2)Huh?
Yes  Wink
mapa
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:28 »

i wanna do the same as TK-master, but i just wanna use gracia (lineage 2) weapones in C4 client, so i no need to use animations, right?. But every time i import a psk in unreal , make the ukx,and put in in my c4 client the client crush :s, and it has any animations. what is the unrealed from postal?? and where can i download it? coz i serch postal and it seems to be a game Tongue.

I hope u can help me Tongue

Thx
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:23 »

I'm "selling" my program which can create L2 ukx packages. But really, there is no customers Sad
Even more: some people trying to sell my program with a "less price" (that people are from Russia ...)

Now, I have a few decisions:
  • to discontinue that program at all, remove Lineage support from umodel
  • to reduce a price to program (to say, 50$ - is it a big price?)
  • put this program into public without any help and support (make a support by donation?)

What should I prefer?

I'm very disappointed with (russian) lineage community. Especially with la-base site. Earlier they have published my umodel with a stripped links to my site (even with removed readme from package). All posts with links to my homepage (they was made not by me) were removed! And now, they are trying to sell my program (I'm even don't know where did they got it). I'm very offended with those people.
TK-Master
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 14:46 »

i wanna do the same as TK-master, but i just wanna use gracia (lineage 2) weapones in C4 client, so i no need to use animations, right?. But every time i import a psk in unreal , make the ukx,and put in in my c4 client the client crush :s, and it has any animations. what is the unrealed from postal?? and where can i download it? coz i serch postal and it seems to be a game Tongue.

I hope u can help me Tongue

Thx
wait a second.. cant u just use the ukx as it as from gracia client ? :s it shouldnt need any conversion to be used in c4...

I'm "selling" my program which can create L2 ukx packages. But really, there is no customers Sad
Even more: some people trying to sell my program with a "less price" (that people are from Russia ...)

• put this program into public without any help and support (make a support by donation?)

What should I prefer?

I'm very disappointed with (russian) lineage community. Especially with la-base site. Earlier they have published my umodel with a stripped links to my site (even with removed readme from package). All posts with links to my homepage (they was made not by me) were removed! And now, they are trying to sell my program (I'm even don't know where did they got it). I'm very offended with those people.
heh trust me gildor i know what u mean.. especialy in la2base they just steal whatever they cant find and share it most of times absolutely with no credits (sometimes they even claim to be their work)! (there are plenty of custom armors and weapons that are mine there and that they just stole the textures from my server's patch) anyway.. i would kindly ask u not even to think your option 1... especialy remove Lineage support from umodel...  Cry that would be really reallyy bad ...

ps. btw soon i will get credit card to buy your progy  Wink
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 14:49 by TK-Master » Logged
mapa
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 20:03 »

wait a second.. cant u just use the ukx as it as from gracia client ? :s it shouldnt need any conversion to be used in c4...
mmm, nope, for what i tryed u cant, i can use older versions of utk files in newer clients, but u cant use the new ukx in older clients as C4. If u know a way plz tell me Tongue

What should I prefer?

yesterday i discover the umodel soft and is amazeing, u are a great programer, i hope u dont do the option 1. About the option 2, if they are euros..is a fortune to me lol xD coz i live in latin america, but i get is a normal prize in europe. I hope that dont stop the great work u r doing just because some thieves ;(

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:59 by mapa » Logged
TK-Master
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 22:14 »

mmm, nope, for what i tryed u cant, i can use older versions of utk files in newer clients, but u cant use the new ukx in older clients as C4. If u know a way plz tell me Tongue
have u tryed ukx from interlude to c4? if that work then maybe i have a way... sorry but i havent ever modify c4 client or older..
mapa
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 00:38 »

have u tryed ukx from interlude to c4? if that work then maybe i have a way... sorry but i havent ever modify c4 client or older..

yup, i tryed, utx work perfect from interlude to C4, but not ukx. i tryed oaukx c6 and c7 and both make my client crush. I think that all the ukx i create (with several psk inside) work for IL and newer versions, but C4 is too old ;(
TK-Master
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 00:45 »

i see... i have no clue then.. too bad..
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: