March 28, 2024, 18:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Converting into .PCC format.  (Read 33140 times)
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 02:05 »

First: You sir, are a genius! you don't know how long i've looked for a pcc compiler. heh. how do you manage to understand the formats. i know some coding myself, but they never teach this stuff at Uni Sad
Sorry to butt in, but I'm guessing it would be possible to edit the class powers, right? by replacing for example: all stuff related to concussive shot in soldier pcc by the charge from vanguard. I've got just one question: how does the data->replace function work?
I will tell you from what he taught me about how it works yesterday.
There is a lot of hex code.  Wink
It's a great program. You can change just about anything with it, but remember it is a work in progress. So there may be some things that aren't available yet.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:07 by Juno » Logged

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 09:20 »

as there are alot different classes of objects, you need to find out the header for each, thats what I wrote the interpreter for. If you have these then you can edit them usually or at least make sense of them. The replacing currently works as JUST replacing: every pcc file is a container for alot of objects, each having a size like a file. With the tool you can replace such a file as whole, or with the import function just the data (pixeldata in this case). I'll think I can add modefied version that are greater in size at the end, but I haven't tested it yet.
wotmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 13:50 »

Hmm, so I can't replace the different classes inside the PCC yet?
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 17:24 »

well you can replace everything, but only Texture2D objects are supported for import/export into image files yet. Classes like Soldier/Engineer/... are not meant in this context, its classes like texture,mesh,material,skripts etc...
wotmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 20:10 »

Yeah,its the scripts, etc I mean, by classes I mean the stuff like SFXGameContent.SFXCustomActionblabla, etc.
I use the data extract to save a pcc entry like:SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_BioticCharge.
Then how do I use the replace function to overwrite the data in SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_ConcussiveShot, for example?
Do I need to use the intepreter somewhere?
Sorry for all these questions, I'm used to modding and programming, but not at hex-level data (yet, I hope) :S.
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 23:28 »

Pretty sure the only thing that is supported for importing over is textures right now.
I don't think Animations or Sounds are available quite yet.

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 23:37 »

I may have bad news, you are going to need a hexeditor for this. when you click on that object it shows its "content" on the right side (the hex stuff^^), if you click on Data->Extract you get a dump of that and with Data->Replace you can replace it with a modified dump. Interpreter works like this: you define the size of bytes (1,2 or 4) and then how to interpret them, as plain values, as an entry in the nametable(thats usually a propertyname or value) or igonre them. You can watch how that works on Texture2D objects. select one, click on Data->Interpret , add a 32 bit value and then repeatly press guess. as you go trough the list the concept comes clear, it takes the number of bytes from the object dump and shows you then interpreted value or name. This way you can "read" the headers of objects. Also you have to find out when raw data starts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 23:39 by warrantyvoider » Logged
wotmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52 »

No dw, not bad news at all. I know how to hex edit Smiley. In fact I was wondering how I could not edit those hex values on the righ, heh.
hmm, so if I extract data from one pcc file, can't I replace the entry in another with that data? or does it need to have the same headers and stuff?
Cause i tried to use data replace on an entry and imported an entry from another pcc file that I had extracted, and Im pretty sure it was the same. I must be doing something wrong.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 09:53 »

only replace with the same that you have extracted. Usually the headers aren't interchangeable. They have offset link to themself, to say where image starts, that would be wrong when copied from another object, also it is very unlikely that the nametables are identical
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 17:24 by warrantyvoider » Logged
wotmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 02:04 »

Hmm, and I guess they have to be the same file size too?
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 15:01 »

right now yes. but you could add it at the end of the file if you have knowledge about everything inside the header. I'll try to add support for that when I have an working example. I work on the skeletal meshes too, there you'll need such a function anyway, because the model data could get bigger, not like textures. But I have not much time this week.
wotmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 21:03 »

Hmm, I think I understand. If I could find out what part of the header stores the size of itself (itself being an item in the pcc), I could modify that.
Another question: I'm guessing the pcc file itself has a header which stores its size, right, and they have all the offsets of the stuff contained in them. So if you could edit the header, you could append to the pcc file\and\or change the sizes of the subentries.
Or does the pcc header just say what it is in it?
I dunno, if you have the time, can you explain a bit how the pcc is laid out and how you know what its in it?
Take your time, don't worry. Smiley I'll try to hack around myself in the meantime.
QuickBen

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 23:53 »

It appears this is over my head. I had hoped to mod some of the sniper rifle HUDS/zooms, but have been unsuccessful. I can open the .pcc container and extract the proper textures, alter the image using GIMP (with the dds plugin), keep file size and dimensions the same, but ME3 Explorer fails to import the image back into the .pcc. I've tried both the 'import from' and the 'replace' commands, but neither work. I'm not even going to attempt to hex edit, however, so I'll lurk here and see if you guys can come up with solutions. Regardless, thanks for your efforts.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 00:21 »

which file and object was it? maybe gimp isn't saving in the correct format. btw replace is only for raw data. Maybe try to use Paint.Net
QuickBen

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 01:29 »

Thanks for the reply. I d/l Paint.Net and saved the image files in .dds [DXT5 (interpolated alpha)] and was able to import that into the .pcc. Unfortunately, signing on multi and choosing the weapon crashed the game.

The file in question:  SFXWeapon_SniperRifle_Javelin (.pcc) and the image files for the reticle are located on lines 1232 - 1234. As I said, I may be in over my head.  Smiley

Thanks again!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: