April 19, 2024, 01:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Converting into .PCC format.  (Read 33164 times)
Juno

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2012, 17:34 »

Hello, I am new here. I wasn't sure where this thread would go, so I put it here. Sorry if I am wrong.
Anyways, using uModel I exported a .PCC file into it's raw parts. I wanted to change some of the textures for Mass Effect 3. After doing the changes I am stuck with how to get the files back into a single .PCC file. I don't usually mess with textures, so this is all new to me.
Could someone perhaps tell me of a program that does this? It doesn't have to be free, I got some extra cash lying around.
Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance. Smiley
And, thanks for uModel too, it works great!

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:26 »

I do exactly that^^ check this and this
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07 »

Thank you so much. So I can use this and it will re-compile everything into a .PCC? I will give it a try. Also, I liked the FB page thanks for sharing that.
I will give your program a shot.  Cheesy

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06 »

Its still experimental, but I'm working on it. There's a tutorial for a working example on the FB page.
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 14:23 »

Hm.
I follow the instructions, but when I get to the part to Decompress the .pcc I have a problem.
Talking about step 2.a.
Whenever it prompts me to decompress the file I click "Yes".
But, the prompt window disappears and reappears immediately. And, nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong?  Huh?
Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am on Windows 7 64-bit.
Thanks again.

Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 16:33 »

I moved the ME3Explorer.exe into the exec folder and it stopped doing the problem I was having.
But, now it gives me an error with any .pcc I try to open and tells me it couldn't find the specified file. With an error log.
I will spare putting the details from the log here, as it is very long.
But, lets say I extracted a .pcc using gildor's uModel exporting command.
Is there a way I could use your program to recompile everything back into a .pcc?
Sorry I know I have a lot of questions. I went through the Facebook page, but I couldn't find anything that helped my problem.  Undecided

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 23:38 »

No the me3explorer.exe needs to have a exec subfolder and there has to be the decompress.exe file. Make sure that your filenames and directories contain no spaces (because decompress is a command line tool). Optionally you can drag and drop your pcc file on decompress.exe and it decompresses the file for you. then you can open it with the editor. BTW I have Win7 64bit too. Gildors tool extracts the compressed files into folders but doesn't preserve the header. Thats why you have to decompress it with gib's decompress tool. But you will find the extracted objects inside the explorer too so you can replace them with a file from Gildors extracts.
greetz
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 23:39 by warrantyvoider » Logged
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 23:48 »

Alright thank you for your patience.  Wink
I will give it a shot.

Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 00:39 »

Ok, one quick simple question.
What is the default output directory for the decompressor?
The problem was I found a space in one of the folder names  Angry
I opened a file, and it told me the following, so I am assuming it worked this time.

Load: [blah blah file path here]

Done.

Nevermind I think I got it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 00:41 by Juno » Logged

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 00:51 »

I'm happy it works for you. Tell me if you find bugs, I don't have many machines I can test my program on. BTW Gib's tool decompressed the file back into itself. Its making the file bigger, thats why you have to change the TOC.bin
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 01:18 »

Hm
I take it I can't export .tga files?
If I try to export as DDS nothing happens.
Most of Mass Effect 3 character textures are in a .tga (photoshop) format.
Any thoughts?

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:22 »

tell me the filename and the object number, then I'll analyze the header and try to add support for it. Also some textures are stored in textures.tfc and I havn't found a way fo find them yet.The source code is available too if you want to add it yourself.
greetz
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:24 by warrantyvoider » Logged
Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 01:51 »

Ok.
In this particular case I am trying to get Mass Effect 3 Tali's armor texture. I know which one it is because I exported it before with gildor's uModel.
The file is: BioH_Tali_00_NC.pcc
Here I will just share a picture.
Is this the information you need? The highlighted one is the one I am talking about.
Like I said I know this is her texture .tga because I viewed it in Photoshop after exporting it with uModel.
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/ltjuno/ME3explorePic.jpg

Juno

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:31 »

Regarding the source code thing. I won't lie, making programs has never really been my thing.
But, if there is any other way I could help I would be glad to. I understand you do all this on your free time, so if there is a way I can help let me know. Least I can do for sharing your program with me.

warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 17:02 »

yes this was the information I needed. Actually no, this object is a dds file, but not yet supported. I can't promise how long it will take, but I'm working on it. With TGA files it seems to be tricky, this is not a copy&paste operation here, so I'll look for a way to convert it. Btw its called TC_NormalmapUncompressed / V8U8 format
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: