March 28, 2024, 12:35
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Skipping animation files during export  (Read 16237 times)
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48 »

Hey gildor,

When you say you've added support, is that for export only?  Any chance the -view can support the BioDynamicAnimSets as well?

btw, thanks for the awesome utility!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 08:14 »

Hi.
BioAnimSetData objects are supported for both viewing and exporting. BioDynamicAnimSet is not supported, it's something different.
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 21:00 »

ah, ya I can see in the output that it is loading the BioAnimSetData objects.  I'm pretty sure I've found the mesh and animation that I'm looking for, but umodel says "wrong animset object to attach" if I try to force it.  I'll keep digging, maybe there are other instances of the meshes in other packages that can be bound to the animation.

thanks for the help, let me donate some beer money for your time.  Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 22:06 »

ah, ya I can see in the output that it is loading the BioAnimSetData objects.  I'm pretty sure I've found the mesh and animation that I'm looking for, but umodel says "wrong animset object to attach" if I try to force it.  I'll keep digging, maybe there are other instances of the meshes in other packages that can be bound to the animation.
I suppose you're trying to attach animation using "-anim=<object>" option. You should place the name of the AnimSet here, not the name of BioAnimSetData object. When umodel creates AnimSet for BioAnimSetObject it strips suffix "_BioAnimSetData" from it's name. So for example for "MoveAnims_BioAnimSetData" object you have to specify "-anim=MoveAnims" in order it to work.
thanks for the help, let me donate some beer money for your time.  Grin
Thank you very much for donation, I really appreciate it! It was large enough for not being "beer money" Smiley
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 23:35 »

I suppose you're trying to attach animation using "-anim=<object>" option.

Yep, that's what I was trying, since the animation sets weren't showing up in the viewer for this package.  Using the BioAnimSetData in the anim argument, the object reference seems to resolve but it's telling me I'm using the wrong type of object when it tries to bind (should be regular AnimSet).  That makes sense.  But, if I drop the _BioAnimSetData, then it I get "not found in specified packages".

As an example, given these entries in the output:

Forced export (BioD_CitHub_WardsFlux): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_DP_A.HMM_DP_ArmsCross_DP_ArmsCrossedIdle'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_DP_ArmsCross_DP_ArmsCrossedIdle from package BioD_CitHub_WardsFlux.pcc
Forced export (BioD_CitHub_WardsFlux): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_DP_A.HMM_DP_ArmsCross_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_DP_ArmsCross_BioAnimSetData from package BioD_CitHub_WardsFlux.pcc

If I use -anim=HMM_DP_ArmsCross_BioAnimSetData, it seems to find it, and just gives me the type mismatch error.  But, if I use -anim=HMM_DP_ArmsCross, I get "not found in specified packages".

Thanks again for the help.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 08:19 »

Yes, the object is generated and it does not belongs to any package, that's why it was not found on load-time when you're specified it's name with "-anim=..."
Did you tried attaching animation in a viewer using Ctrl+A key? It should work.
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 08:55 »

This file in particular has one AnimSet object (a door animation) and then a bunch of BioAnimSetData and AnimSequences of character animations.  If I do a Ctrl-A in the viewer, I see only that single AnimSet for the door animation and nothing else.  That's why I figured I had to specify it with -anim. 

I tried uploading the pcc to google drive.  Can you see if you can access it (when you have a free moment).  Thanks again!
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_pCyEtrhMcIOXg2NkhCZHlrUW8
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 09:09 »

Everything works fine

Press Ctrl+A 11 times to bind mesh to generated AnimSet HMM_DP_ArmsCross.
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 09:14 »

That's strange.  I'm using the latest Linux version.  Doesn't matter how many times I hit Ctrl+A, I only the see the single NeonDoor AnimSet and its 4 sequences.

I dont see the generating animset log message either.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:15 by jgardner » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 09:20 »

I'm using the latest Linux version.
That's the reason! Linux version was not updated since March, I did not realized somebody used it (asked a few times on the forums and got no reply).

I'll try to update it as soon as possible.

By the way, this package has really nice female animations in AnimSet'HMF_AM_Towny' Smiley
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 09:27 »

Sweet, thanks a lot gildor!
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 09:30 »

By the way, this package has really nice female animations

Ya, I figured out of the 2400 files, that would probably be the best one I could share!  Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 22:19 »

Linux version of the umodel was updated.
jgardner
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 00:59 »

Confirmed it's working!  Thanks
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: