Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Viewing a 3DModel?  (Read 4469 times)
toffeecoo

View Profile
Viewing a 3DModel?
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:58 »

Hey everyone! So I know the title's kind of redundant, but I was wondering if someone could tell me which file should be open to view the models of the game? I'm attempting to view Mass Effect 3 models (Harbinger reaper specifically), but the only files I can find in the "Cooked PC Console" folder are .pcc, .tlk, .tfc, and .afc as far as I can tell, .pcc is what I should be opening, however all I'm getting is a box:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:09 by toffeecoo » Logged
pontius911

View Profile
Re: Viewing a 3DModel?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 20:16 »

Hi, the packages that contain objects indeed have pcc format, but i don't know why you only see the box.
tfc - textures, Movies and lights
AFC - sounds
pcc - objects
By the way Reaper Harbinger is in: BioD_End001_900Facility.pcc
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 20:22 by pontius911 » Logged
toffeecoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:17 »

Hi, the packages that contain objects indeed have pcc format, but i don't know why you only see the box.
tfc - textures, Movies and lights
AFC - sounds
pcc - objects
By the way Reaper Harbinger is in: BioD_End001_900Facility.pcc

thank you so much Pontius! I probably never would have found that file, haha. Helps a ton Cheesy so I went in and used it, in case any of the other pcc files I was using was wrong... turns out, it seems to be projecting the textures on the box? or something?

maybe the command I'm using is wrong? -> umodel.exe -path="folderpath" File.pcc
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:19 by toffeecoo » Logged
pontius911

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35 »

of course it is wrong. The command you should use is umodel.exe -meshes -path="folderpath"
File.pcc

for example: umodel.exe -meshes -path="D:\Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole" BioD_End001_900Facility.pcc
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:45 by pontius911 » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 12:33 »

It's not really wrong but if you don't use any commands you will see textures also, and they are applied to a cube. You will have to press page down on keyboard to scroll to next model/mesh.

When using -meshes it skips the texture-cubes and only show meshes

Pressing cotrol-a will also load animations for some models etc. There are guides for that though.

Good luck
toffeecoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 21:02 »

of course it is wrong. The command you should use is umodel.exe -meshes -path="folderpath"
File.pcc

for example: umodel.exe -meshes -path="D:\Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole" BioD_End001_900Facility.pcc

sorry about that ^_^; the tutorial in the website shows the guy just loading up a file and the mesh being there, without specifying -mesh

thanks for correcting me! <3

might I ask if there are other Harbinger versions in ME3? (I haven't played the game, I'm using the models as references to sketch from- I have a turn around of 3 different Harbinger types. I'm assuming they're spread out though through the games?) And where can I find the Normandy model (of any SR variety, preferably 3)?

It's not really wrong but if you don't use any commands you will see textures also, and they are applied to a cube. You will have to press page down on keyboard to scroll to next model/mesh.

When using -meshes it skips the texture-cubes and only show meshes

Pressing cotrol-a will also load animations for some models etc. There are guides for that though.

Good luck

holy crap, thank you SO much! I had no idea! This helps tremendously!! <33 than you so much pixel!
Jump to: