Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Umodel DOES NOT SUPPORT DC Universe Online!  (Read 2744 times)
Makumba666

View Profile
Umodel DOES NOT SUPPORT DC Universe Online!
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:26 »

Hi all,
First of all, I would like to thank the author of those incredible tools.
Unfortunately, the information is not always correct and it may lead to frustrations. Just imagine downloading 15+ Gigs (!!!) of game, which is listed as fully compatible in Compatibility Table (http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat) and finding out, it is a bullshit? How would you feel?
Yes, despite  DC Universe is claimed to be fully supported in above-mentioned list, Umodel can not extract textures from tfc files! That means, you have to use 1 kb shitty textures, create own textures, or just erase 15 Gig of garbage from your pc.
So, please, correct error in compatibility table and note that textures ARE NOT supported.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:41 by Makumba666 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Umodel DOES NOT SUPPORT DC Universe Online!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 12:45 »

Show me the log before saying rude words. Most probably you're doing something incorrectly.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48 »

Check this gallery
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.187357524641389.40049.176350295742112&type=3
are textures not supported here?
Makumba666

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:50 »

The problem is, there are no logs. If you put tfc files in the same folder, Umodel will say it is extracting them, but it creates 1-3 kb texture files, instead of real ones. It shows no errors and generates no logs.

P.S. And I believe, I said no rude words in my previous, just asked to correct error.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:54 »

I said many times (including the FAQ, which could be located near the compatibility table mentioned by you in your 1st post) - never copy files out of the game directory, open files directly from the game installation! I spent a few days adding support for TFC for this game. This game requires a few additional files in order to work, and when these files are missing - corresponding message should appear in a log.
Makumba666

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 12:57 »

OK, thanks, my bad.
I will try extracting from original.
Jump to: