March 29, 2024, 09:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 2  (Read 30842 times)
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 07:44 »

This is awesome new, thanks Gildor..

Just a quick question... I havent actually got around to attempting to unpack this game yet. So i thought id ask before i start..

Any idea how the exporter handles the cell shading ? is it done as a gfx post process during the game or is it part of the object itself,  a good example of this is Batman arkham city with the "animated" characters. the cell shading on that was actually an extra skin over the entire model. while some games do it as a post process within the engine itself..  Doesnt really matter either way, but it would be handy to know before i start...

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 10:22 »

I don't know how celshading is made in Borderlands. Most probably it's made with mesh shader. Making celshading with additional hull around the mesh is obsolete - it was used before hardware shader epoch. And I don't know how to make this effect with postprocessing (in a screen-space).
Anyway, umodel does nothing for celshading, you must do it by yourself in a program when you plan to use exported content.
wairk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 21:17 »

hi all, i've got a problem, I've extracted files from Borderlands 2 (one of the .upk files) using extract.exe, modified some files and now I want to import the changed files into the same or different .upk file and I don't know how am I supposed to do that... Is there any way to do this?

Basically I want to "convert" the folder into another .upk file.

btw
AWESOME job, gildor!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 21:20 by wairk » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 21:35 »

I dont think  there is so much cel-shading in borderlands. They have really good textures with alot of lines and then they have a black outline, that is it I think. Unity has a "team fortress" shader that maybe could be used together with outline to create this effect, but it all comes down to some really good details in textures also
dynath

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22 »

I'm curious, I haven't been able to find any weapon models in the borderlands 2 upks.  I'm assuming  they are the massive number of static/skelletal mesh components. is there anyway to actually SEE these if not export them?
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 02:23 »

I don't know how celshading is made in Borderlands. Most probably it's made with mesh shader. Making celshading with additional hull around the mesh is obsolete - it was used before hardware shader epoch. And I don't know how to make this effect with postprocessing (in a screen-space).
Anyway, umodel does nothing for celshading, you must do it by yourself in a program when you plan to use exported content.

Hehe you miss understood slightly but still managed to answer the question Grin I wasn't interested in recreating the cell shading, i wanted to make sure it wouldnt cause issues during export. And it turned out fine anyway, looks like cel shading is handled by the engine itself not by the models.. Probably done by detecting hard edges.

Although you are slightly wrong about addition hulls being obsolete. As i said in my original post, that is how they handled the "animated series" characters in Batman Arkham city.. You get a model of batman and all around him is an inverted black mesh which produced a black outline around him.

Anyway, as i said it all exported fine in the end, so im happy  Smiley

@Wairk.. Go grab yourself some unreal engine 3 tutorials and learn how to make characters.  THAT is what you need to do. the only way to " convert " these characters is to go through the process of reinserting them back into the engine.. Unreal viewer may extract stuff, but it wont repack it for you if thats what you was thinking/expecting.. You need to do it the same way you would if you was making a character from scratch ( just in this case you have the model already made)
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21 »

I cant extract .iso this from this game with backup creator, what program i can extract this?
Griever

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 02:56 »

Hi, thanks for this tool.

I want to export the 3D models of certain weapons (I don't care about colours or texture, just a plain model, but if they come with textures that's fine too), but I'm unable to find the upk files which contain such weapons. On Borderlands 1 they are available on "Steam\steamapps\common\borderlands\WillowGame\Cook edPC\Packages\GameData\Weapons" (more info here) but Borderlands 2 hasn't such folder. I've navigated multiple upk files using the Umodel GUI for convenience and I cannot find any mesh for weapon models.

Some google and forum search wasn't of help, so I ask here if anyone knows how to get (the upk location of) the weapon models.

PD for more details: From using "Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor" or Borderlands 2 Gear Calculator I know that the weapons have the folowing name parts, for example, the following weapon (Picture):

Tumtum Cobra
Jakobs
Damage: 25242
Accuracy: 96.7%
Fire Rate: 0.6
Reload Speed: 4.0
Magazine Size: 8
  • Found out about this I was like DAAAMN, I'm bringing that gun BACK!
  • +120%  Critical Hit Damage
  • 1.0x Weapon Zoom
  • Deals bonus explosive damage
Have this parts on Gibbed's Save Editor:

Type Definition   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.A_Weapons.WeaponType_Jakobs_Sniper
Balance Definition   GD_Iris_Weapons.SniperRifles.Sniper_Jakobs_3_Cobra
Manufacturer   GD_Manufacturers.Manufacturers.Jakobs
Body   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Body.SR_Body_Jakobs_4
Barrel   GD_Iris_Weapons.SniperRifles.SR_Barrel_Dahl_Cobra
Grip   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Grip.SR_Grip_Jakobs
Sight   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Sight.Sniper_Sight_Hyperion
Accessory   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Accessory.Sniper_Accessory_Bipod2_Critical
Stock   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Stock.SR_Stock_Dahl
Material   GD_Iris_Weapons.ManufacturerMaterials.Material_Jakobs_2_Cobra
Prefix   GD_Weap_SniperRifles.Name.Prefix_Jakobs.Prefix_Bipod2_Critical
Title   GD_Iris_Weapons.Name.Title.Title_Unique_Cobra

If I want to get the model of such weapon, how could I get it?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:08 by Griever » Logged
digitom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 18:31 »

Thanks Gildor for this amazing tool.

quick question...has anyone found a way to extract full characters similar to borderlands 1?
I have only been able to extract Heads.

also...is there a lilith .upk file for borderlands 2? can't seem to find it anywhere.
digitom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 19:18 »

nvm found lilith in borderlands 2... IceCanyon_Combat.upk

the wiki says shes in frostburn canyon so that messed me up.
Umutkrdgg

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 18:16 »

Ver old thread i know but is anybody can find gun parts?  huh

UK
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 19:17 »

There are only 2 or 3 files in which all parts are contained in a bunch in one model, no one wants to mess around with it and disassemble them.

MARK2580
Umutkrdgg

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 21:46 »

i found part files but they are .mat and .props format like

Mati_Maliwan_Legendary_Hellfire.prop

Edit1:
Also if anyone interested i found some parts for jakobs and vladof gun parts but i cant find any others.
https://www.dosya.tc/server28/m6940c/SkeletalMesh3.rar.html

Edit2:
Ok i found guns in Startup file

* Mati_Maliwan_Legendary_Hellfire.props.txt (5.84 KB - downloaded 113 times.)
* Mati_Maliwan_Legendary_Hellfire.mat (0.08 KB - downloaded 69 times.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 22:12 by Umutkrdgg » Logged

UK
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 00:02 »

i found part files but they are .mat and .props format like

Mati_Maliwan_Legendary_Hellfire.prop

Edit1:
Also if anyone interested i found some parts for jakobs and vladof gun parts but i cant find any others.
https://www.dosya.tc/server28/m6940c/SkeletalMesh3.rar.html

Edit2:
Ok i found guns in Startup file

I haven’t installed this game right now, I can’t say for sure, but yes, it seems that these 3 “packs of weapons” were in Startup.

MARK2580
1ninja

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 20:04 »

Hello, I've been trying to get the HD textures from the texture pack dlc, but whenever i try to open it, Umodel says that it has the wrong package tag. every other upk in the dlc can be opened, its just Mancana_Textures and Mancana_Meta that cant be. Its uploaded here https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q3cyzqv3v3fff/Mancana and the textures are in Mancana\Lic\Content\Remaster
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: