March 29, 2024, 03:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: DmC: Devil May Cry  (Read 51350 times)
Nikky

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2012, 19:22 »

Hi gildor.
The demo for the new DmC (Devil May Cry) has been released today for the xbox console. I have downloaded it and extracted the content that seems to use Unreal Engine 3 (I'm posting it here since it's more a western game this time, not from Japan like the previous DMC games).
Umodel can load the packages, but the game it's not probably supported since I get this:

Found 119 game files (10 skipped)
Loading package: CH_dante_ingame_noJacket_SF.xxx Ver: 845/4 Engine: 8916 Names: 953 Exports: 641 Imports: 18 Game: 8000
Export "sk_dante_ingame_noJacket" was found in package CH_dante_ingame_noJacket_SF
Loading SkeletalMesh3 sk_dante_ingame_noJacket from package CH_dante_ingame_noJacket_SF.xxx
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bDisableCompressions" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bHasBeenSimplified" was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "USkeletalMesh3::ClothToAnimMeshMaxDist" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "USkeletalMesh3::bLimitClothToAnimMesh" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "USkeletalMesh3::bEnableClothBendConstraints" was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "USkeletalMesh3::ClothBendStiffness" was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "USkeletalMesh3::ClothThickness" was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "USkeletalMesh3::ClothDamping" was not found

Since it's an xbox demo I don't have an exe file to upload, but if you could take a look, here you are the simple files for the Dante model http://www.mediafire.com/?c89zkboaonynu2t

I really hope it will be possible to support it... I've been waiting for this model for a very long time ;_;

EDIT: Static meshes and textures seem to be supported, only SkeletalMeshes can't be opened.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 19:11 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 20:04 »

1. Your error message is incomplete - you displayed useless warnings and missed "ERROR: assertion failed: ..." line which is the important one.
2. Yes, SkeletalMesh is not supported.
3. I'll support the game after release. The exe for XBox usually named "default.xex".
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 20:24 »

Maybe because I always use the GUI and error message is different? With umodel I also get this:

Looks like umodel can't identify the directory or something? Plus, there are texts not really related to DmC game/path, the rest is some other stuff I have in my PC...

And...I know this game is just a demo right now, but it will be released in two months from now... since I have a project, would it be possible for you to support skeletalmeshes now as well...? I really appreciate the wonderful work you always do on this awesome tool Smiley I'd be very grateful if you could accomplished my request and I swear I won't bother you again.

EDIT: I have found the exe!  http://www.mediafire.com/?sy6uxtogmtkztms default.xex

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 20:41 by Nikky » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 21:03 »

Maybe because I always use the GUI and error message is different? With umodel I also get this:

Looks like umodel can't identify the directory or something? Plus, there are texts not really related to DmC game/path, the rest is some other stuff I have in my PC...
This error message is listed in umodel's FAQ
And...I know this game is just a demo right now, but it will be released in two months from now... since I have a project, would it be possible for you to support skeletalmeshes now as well...? I really appreciate the wonderful work you always do on this awesome tool Smiley I'd be very grateful if you could accomplished my request and I swear I won't bother you again.
Sorry, you have to wait for the release.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 21:22 »

But you also supported Gunslayer Legend when it was a beta, not even a completed demo... Sad
This game seems to be already supported except for the SkeletalMeshes,  since statics and textures open/export without issues. I understand, actually, that you prefer to add full support to a complete and fully released game, however, why adding it for other beta games and not this one, when only a format (and not all the archives like .pskx, .tga, ecc) is not working?

pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 00:47 »

he might have had time when does games where released as beta.

Respect gildor when he says no because after a couple of betas he realized how much extra work it is to support for all updates Wink
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 01:31 »

If that is the problem, I understand then Smiley I just thought this format was final since the game is not in beta test, but a full demo before the release. I just hoped it was possible to make it compatible already, 'cause most of the packages load and export like everything else, but I admit I don't know a thing about this stuff, so it probably won't be too easy and/or quick.
Sorry if I sounded disrespectful, that wasn't my intention. Like I said, I respect his work and if he feels like adding support I'd be really grateful, but if he wants to wait for the final release to avoid eventual format changes, it's fine. I will wait.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16 »

But you also supported Gunslayer Legend when it was a beta, not even a completed demo... Sad
That was my mistake. I've supported the game, but the format was changed now, so this game's latest version is not supported.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 09:33 »

For some reasons I decided to support this game now (I don't know how busy I'll be at the moment of the game release).
SkeletalMesh is supported now, Texture2D was supported before this update. Animation is not supported, and I have no idea about StaticMesh support - the provided packages has no static meshes inside (it would be nice if you'll check compatibility with static meshes).

About the animation - it's custom in this game and perhaps I'll look at this when the PC version will be released.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 13:54 »

gildor, you're the best!

Anyway, Static Meshes work Smiley there are two version of static Dante in one of the three packages and it export perfectly, same for the other static meshes, it seems. I can do another check to be sure.
About animations, it's not important if they don't work at the moment, you've done pretty much already! Thank you!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 14:03 »

You're welcome.
About animation - it looks like this game utilizes Morpheme animation system, so it's very unlikely that animation will be supported in the future.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 14:45 »

Anims are not essential in my case Smiley

SkeletalMeshes export now! Thought I'm still getting some warnings. With umodel, I always have the "too much unknown files" error even if I read the faq and followed the instructions. The GUI works fine, the only thing is that it's not letting me export the full package (for example CH_dante_ingame.xxx), but I have to manually export every mesh manually. The warnings say something like:

WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bDisableCompressions" was not found
WARNING: SkeletalMesh sk_kat_ingame uses vertex colors

and other BoolProperty warnings referred to UMaterial3. I guess many of these are caused by the anim incompatibility or such?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 14:47 by Nikky » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 14:50 »

With umodel, I always have the "too much unknown files" error even if I read the faq and followed the instructions.
You have a lot of extracted files near the game packages. Clean up your working directory and this error will disappear.
The warnings say something like:

WARNING: SkeletalMesh sk_kat_ingame uses vertex colors
Simply ignore such messages, they could be useful only for me.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 14:53 »

Uhm... the folder where the game files are has no extracted files (they are into another folder)  Huh? Only packages.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 15:00 »

If you'll carefully look at the error message you could find details about one of thousands files which are not expected to be in the game directory (most likely that'd be .tga file)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: