March 29, 2024, 03:58
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: DmC: Devil May Cry  (Read 51350 times)
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 15:10 »

Very strange. I have only .xxx files in that directory... no .tga files.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 15:13 »

Show me your error message, please. I'll point at the problem.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 15:19 »

Here Smiley

I have a bunch of .xxx packages, no other files. I also tried with the -out="directory" tag but I still get the same error.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 21:36 »

It looks like you're placed packages to desktop or to other "standard folder". It has a lot of nested directories with a lot of files inside. Umodel stopped scanning directories on Firefox cache files.
Create special directory and move packages there.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 02:23 »

I see, thanks! Usually when I have a game not installed, I placed the folder with the files on my desktop. However, since I usually export using the GUI so that I can also preview the files, I didn't notice the error until now Smiley
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 19:05 »

Hi gildor! The game has been released officially today Smiley though many people got their preorder some days ago.
I checked the files and as I thought the format hasn't changed, skeletal and static meshes seem to work, just like the textures.

It would be nice if you could also add support for animations and/or sounds. In case you want to add a complete support let me know if you need more files or you can still use the ones I uploaded two months ago.

Oh and I think the title of this topic can be changed now that the game isn't a demo anymore Cheesy
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 19:15 »

Hi gildor!
Hi
The game has been released officially today Smiley though many people got their preorder some days ago.
I checked the files and as I thought the format hasn't changed, skeletal and static meshes seem to work, just like the textures.
Nice. I've updated the compatibility table to reflect this. So, this game is 1st game of 2013 Smiley
It would be nice if you could also add support for animations and/or sounds. In case you want to add a complete support let me know if you need more files or you can still use the ones I uploaded two months ago.
Windows version should be released on January 25, so I'd prefer to analyze executable for this platform instead of digging into XBox360's one.
The reason of checking PC version instead of XBox's is that this game has some customizations in animation system. Chances to get it working with umodel after research of XBox executable are very low, while checking PC executable significantly improves possibility to get working animation.
Oh and I think the title of this topic can be changed now that the game isn't a demo anymore Cheesy
I've changed the thread name Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 19:32 by gildor » Logged
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 18:16 »

Windows version should be released on January 25, so I'd prefer to analyze executable for this platform instead of digging into XBox360's one.
The reason of checking PC version instead of XBox's is that this game has some customizations in animation system. Chances to get it working with umodel after research of XBox executable are very low, while checking PC executable significantly improves possibility to get working animation.

Oh sure! Cheesy I should get the PC version as well, in that case I'll provide you all the needed files. Thanks!
TheDamnThing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 00:44 »

PC version works fine with the latest umodel Cheesy (meshes, textures, materials)
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 15:11 »

Has anyone been able to find the cutscene character models? All the archives that have "CS" in the name only have the in-game character models, that don't have their faces rigged for expressions.
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 01:45 »

I will wait for possible animations, i need animations.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 12:55 »

Gildor said specifically that it uses a system that will never be supported but maybe the animation system will change, or you will have to wait for a long time Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 13:04 »

I'll check the game anyway. Perhaps it uses third-party animation system like previous project of this studio - in this case this game will never receive animation support. In other cases there are chances that animation will be supported.
3D_power

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 18:32 »

Why I couldn't view and export the skeletalMesh,only staticmesh could export and view

The warnings say something like:

Loading package: DevilGame/CookedXbox360/CH04_characterMaterialTEST.xxx Ver: 845/4 Engine: 8916 Names: 790 Exports: 1014 Imports: 40 Game: 8000
Export "sk_dante_weapon_rb_human" was found in package CH04_characterMaterialTEST
Loading SkeletalMesh3 sk_dante_weapon_rb_human from package DevilGame/CookedXbox360/CH04_characterMaterialTEST.xxx
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bDisableCompressions" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bHasBeenSimplified" was not found

Problem has been solved, thank you
I I didn't add option "-noanim"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 18:45 by 3D_power » Logged
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 18:45 »

Has anyone been able to find the cutscene character models? All the archives that have "CS" in the name only have the in-game character models, that don't have their faces rigged for expressions.

Dante's model is easy to find. The name of the packages are something like CH_Dante_Ingame. The other models are stored in missions packages.

Gildor, is there a way to export the sounds? Not only music, but also voices?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 18:50 by Nikky » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: